Where to try/buy recumbant in San Diego....

Old November 3rd 04, 11:24 PM

Default Where to try/buy recumbant in San Diego....

My "Normal" bicycle makes my back hurt and I
would like to see if a recumbant is more comfortable.

Where can you see, touch and try a recumbant in San Diego or
even anywhere in southern califronia?

I somtimes ride my "Normal" bike to work (9.5 miles one big hill)

I'm contemplating replacing it with a recumbant bike.

What other info should I provide to get some recomentations?

I'd like to stay under 2K.

Paul
Old November 4th 04, 12:13 AM
Mark Leuck

wrote in message
My "Normal" bicycle makes my back hurt and I
would like to see if a recumbant is more comfortable.

Where can you see, touch and try a recumbant in San Diego or
even anywhere in southern califronia?

I somtimes ride my "Normal" bike to work (9.5 miles one big hill)

I'm contemplating replacing it with a recumbant bike.

What other info should I provide to get some recomentations?

I'd like to stay under 2K.

Paul

I know one bike shop on Coronado on the main drive to Imperial Beach named
Holland's Bicycles which are listed as Optima dealers although while I was
there this spring they had maybe one recombent and weren't too thrilled
carrying it (no idea why), also you might stop by Alans Family Bike Shop in
Oceanside 1220 S Coast Highway, I think they had several

The best recumbent only shop I found is in the LA area, I would make it a
point to go to this one

http://www.recumbent.com/recumbent.html

Here are some more but I have only been to some of them so far

http://www.icehouse.net/jim_d/dealers.html#CA

Old November 4th 04, 03:55 PM
Diane Krohn

Besides the shops that Mark mentioned, there's also one in Julian, I believe
(San Diego county). I have never been to that one, so have no idea how many
or what kind they carry.

Diane

Old November 5th 04, 05:36 AM
Jeff Wills

"Diane Krohn" wrote in message news:6isid.31868$SW3.21271@fed1read01...
Besides the shops that Mark mentioned, there's also one in Julian, I believe
(San Diego county). I have never been to that one, so have no idea how many
or what kind they carry.

Diane

I think the Julian Bicycle Company is long gone- they were limping
along when my wife and I moved away, 9 years ago. R&B Bicycle might
know mo
http://www.julianactive.com/R&B%20Bicycle%20Club.htm

Alan's in Oceanside is a good bet, as is People Movers if you're
willing to brave I-5 up to Oceanside. I think Bill Volk is still
leading social recumbent rides around Mission Bay- he occasionally
posts an announcement to the HPV email list.

Jeff
Old November 19th 04, 01:20 AM
Bruce Shannahoff

I believe it would be worth your trip up to LA (San Fernando Valley)
to see Dana at Bentup Cycles. He has a great selection of recumbents
(2 and 3 wheels), good prices, and is very easy to work with.

I have no business interest in Bentup Cycles, but I am a friend and
customer of Dana's and believe in what he is doing.

Best regards,

Bruce Shannahoff