MOT passed today

Old May 14th 18, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default MOT passed today

I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto
insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

One up to me I pay Zero VED, Zero tax and Zero insurance (this includes
full breakdown cover and tyre replacement).
All I pay for is petrol.
OK it is a Motability car but still at Zero my motoring costs must be
among the lowest possible

Your costs are the same as they would be for anyone else doing the same
mileage in the same sort of car and with the same sort of accident
record (or absence thereof).

It is the price which differs from the norm.

Tax payers pay his vehicle expenses, typical cyclist.

Musk has already opened one of his tunnels under LA traffic, free of charge. The EV manufacturer said pedestrians and cyclists come first. Only after they are taken care of will those who can afford cars be able to use the tunnels.

Very democratic.

Old May 14th 18, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 14/05/18 00:14, MrCheerful wrote:

Tax payers pay his vehicle expenses, typical cyclist.

This article is a few years old:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-get-back.html

It is estimated that 60% of households are net beneficiaries of the tax
system, getting back more in benefits than they contribute. The neutral
point is a gross income of between £35,000 and £38,000.

So, many motorists are paying their vehicle taxes with one hand what
they receive from taxpayers with the other. If I am a beneficiary, then
by cycling I am doing taxpayers a favour. If I am a taxpayer then by
cycling I am not giving away as much to a bunch of freeloaders.

Lesson ends.