Abuse Unicycle?

Old November 1st 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Default Abuse Unicycle?

Well I have had my KH 20" 07 unicycle since late April and I have broken
the following:
-07 Frame- 270 unsipin- warrentied

-07 post- crankflip- warrentied

-07 Frame- 90spin crankflip- warrenty, got 08, told if I broke this one
i wouldn't get warrenty.

-07 post- crankflip- didnt ask for warrenty, bought new one

-07 post- crankflip- *Only had it for 1 week*, denied warrenty

First off I am grateful UDC warrentied all the other items.
BUT: When I emailed Unicycle.com with pictures (of the broken 07
seatpost I had a week) asking for a warrenty, they told me that it is
not under warrenty because I seem I abuse my unicycle?!?!
1 week of "abuse" is supposed to kill a post!!! All I was doing that
would "abuse" my post was crankflipping, for a week only! It isn't like
I threw it down on the ground or tried to jump 10 stairs.

So my question is: Do you think I seem to -abuse- my unicycle?

I understand I have broken a bunch of parts and if I broke more I
shouldn't recieve anymore parts under most circumstances. 1 week doesn't
seem like most circumstances

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old November 1st 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

I'm surprised they replaced as much as they did. What do you expect
them to do...send you new parts every few days? If you want my opinion,
yes, you are clearly breaking things at an unreasonable rate and it
seems out of line for you to expect that they be replaced all the time.
Looks like 7 months and you've gone through 2 frames and 3 posts?!
So what if you broke a post in under a week! (Your *THIRD* post).
Those parts aren't junk, treat them like they have value, and they will
miraculously last longer.

Sorry for the rant but you asked for it.

Kurt

--
zogola
Old November 1st 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tmoyer

Hmmm - whether you abuse the unicycle unreasonably seems kinda beside
the point to me. The gear obviously can't handle what you're asking of
it. Even if udc was willing to replace a seatpost a week, would you want
that deal? Sounds like a pain to me to wait for parts to arrive, cut
posts and mount seats.

Why not upgrade to something a little harder to break?

I'm not in your league yet as far as broken stuff goes. I'm at:
* one Torker stiffener plate
* one KH seat base
* one KH seat post

but that was enough for me. I just got a Wallis cf base and a Thompson
post.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Old November 1st 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I have the same problem. I'm not a gentle rider... But I'm not sure if
I'm too agressive or my parts suck.
We should start a We're Too Hardcore For Our Unis club.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind
blows.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old November 1st 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

tmoyer,

I agree with your suggestion to upgrade to something harder to break.
If multiple KH parts are breaking, what will withstand whats being asked
of the parts? Any Terrain is complaining that UDC won't replace yet
another seat post. If a third seat post broke in under a year it
certainly isn't up to the retailer to cover the cost of replacement.
Maybe UDC could give a volume discount, buy KH seatposts by the 12 pack
and KH frames by the 6 pack.

Kurt

--
zogola
Old November 1st 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

You need to upgrade,
A thomson seat post + wallis seat base is the best set up possible.

--
Danni
Old November 1st 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

zogola;1122612 wrote:
.....Any Terrain is complaining that UDC won't replace yet another seat
post.....

EDIT "Yet another". They only replaced 1, I am happy they did but I
didn't even ask for them to cover my other broken one (replacement), I
jsut got a new one which broke in a week.

I am complaining that they arn't going to cover a 1 week old seat post
and the most i am doing on it (that would weaken/brake it is a
crankflip.)

Danni;1122614 wrote:
You need to upgrade,
A thomson seat post + wallis seat base is the best set up possible.

Yeah, but I don't have any money.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old November 1st 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

I have never broken a unicycle part other than my bearing and a few
stripped cranks. (only because I was new and didn't know that it
mattered what way they were on. I would definitely call myself a
hardcore unicyclist.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you break all those parts doing
crankflips, did you land bad or something?

--
hungry4uni

*ŤŔϊãĻş
ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ*
Old November 1st 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

hungry4uni;1122620 wrote:
I have never broken a unicycle part other than my bearing and a few
stripped cranks. (only because I was new and didn't know that it
mattered what way they were on. I would definitely call myself a
hardcore unicyclist.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you break all those parts doing
crankflips, did you land bad or something?

Well doing a crankflip you pull up on the seat. pulling up on the seat
eventually will brake the seat post plate/weld.

The frames broke because of spins on wheel and to wheel.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old November 1st 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Any Terrain;1122617 wrote:
EDIT "Yet another". They only replaced 1, I am happy they did but I
didn't even ask for them to cover my other broken one (replacement), I
jsut got a new one which broke in a week.

I am complaining that they arn't going to cover a 1 week old seat post
and the most i am doing on it (that would weaken/brake it is a
crankflip.)

Yeah, but I don't have any money.

Still...3 posts in under a year. Mind if I ask why you didn't ask UDC
to replace the one that you replaced? Treated it pretty rough maybe?
Something is fishy here.

That's my last post on this thread. I'm gonna try hard to shut up now.

Kurt

--
zogola

abuse verb[_2_] Australia 9 January 10th 08 11:34 AM
torker cx abuse? habbywall Unicycling 2 August 12th 05 05:39 AM
NYC Bicycle Abuse Marc Brett UK 16 February 4th 05 10:44 PM
Please abuse me (I like a klein) Monique Y. Mudama Mountain Biking 72 June 8th 04 05:45 PM