Street Discussion Thread.

Old September 16th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Default Street Discussion Thread.

Phil_on_uni wrote:
so i feel like i am in the worst stage of the crankflip

i can do a crank flip no big.... but i cant do anything with it yet
cant go up stuff... cant go down....

my mind like cant comprehend like doing a 180 with a crankflip

arg.... every time i try to do a hick i almost can never get enough
spin out of my crank flip.....

grr

Start with a really small curb/bump or 1 set then work your way up.
It took me a while after learning crankflips to learn 180 flips and
hickflips.
To start learning 180 flips, start practicing riding slower and slower
into the crankflip until you can ride up to it then pause then flip.
Once you can do this the 180 twist with it won't be hard. The whole
point of this process is to rely more on snapping the cranks instead of
just rolling really fast and jumping off while the cranks flip from the
speed then landing back on.

Hicks will take time also but try and really more on snapping then
speed. Also try to do a SIF flip before you starting learning hicks.

Hope I helped .

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old September 16th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicycle-Emele

I cant do anything with my crankflip either. Can someone do a write up
on 180 flips. I dont know how I could hoptwist and crankflip at the
same time. Is seems impossible. Any help is appreciated.

--
Unicycle-Emele

Any unicyclist in Westchester County, NY 'pm '
(http://tinyurl.com/6xu626)me.
'My video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvBUcQ9QL_8)
'Other Vid' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_j_UFiv3sY)
'newest vid' (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFi44k2lgY)

maestro8 wrote:
I'd rather watch you gas, brake, dip, dip.

Old September 16th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I started up and down curbs, then down three sets. I skipped going down
a two set cause that seems ridiculous to me. Ill practice up a two set
though. =p

I need to get a CF base soon. I can probably keep my plastic on for
another 3 months, but something has to snap then. Or just keep bending
and bending and bending..

Its all mental. If you are doing crankflips, then chances are, you are
jumping the 2.5-3" to get up a curb. I love going down stuff. For me, I
feel like everything goes slow motion and I can see my cranks spinning
and everything that is happening.

Then I wreck.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~team forrest~~~~~~~~team
dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).~~~~~~~~~...quack!~~~~team
spencer!~~~team kickyourass!
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
want some advice? unicycle better.
~jerrick: king of carnies-
Old September 16th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Jerrick wrote:
I love going down stuff. For me, I feel like everything goes slow motion
and I can see my cranks spinning and everything that is happening.

Then I wreck.

LIKE THIS?
[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...l7setflip.jpg]

Old September 17th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Unicycle-Emele wrote:
I cant do anything with my crankflip either. Can someone do a write up
on 180 flips. I dont know how I could hoptwist and crankflip at the
same time. Is seems impossible. Any help is appreciated.

I think I may be able to make to the NYC uni club get together this
weekend. If that helps.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old September 17th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

tmoyer wrote:
What's the "bad version"? I worked on half flips and 3/4 flips today. It
felt good cause it was making me stay over the uni and land on the
pedals. I got a couple that were just past a 3/4 flip, so I got out the
camera - and it was depressing. It looked like *$#@. My feet were
following the pedals the whole way around and I couldn't even tell that
it wasn't a rev. I know my feet are leaving the pedals - cause I miss
them a lot when I land - but not by enough to make it look like a
flip.

So is that a good way to work on the progression or not? Or does it
teach bad habits that have to get unlearned?

The way I was doing it before - going for the whole thing and jumping
high - it looks much better. But of course I can't land them yet.

The bad version of crankflips are using momentum to flip the cranks,
not an actual flip. So basically you just ride, do a rolling no footer,
and then the cranks move and you land. The right way is to put force on
the cranks and flip it.

For your flipping problem (Not sure this would work...) maybe you could
try no footers(static and rolling)? Maybe that would teach you to keep
your feet on top.

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old September 17th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicycle-Emele

agentQ wrote:
I think I may be able to make to the NYC uni club get together this
weekend. If that helps.

YAYAYYAYAYAYYAYA. Thanks. If you came that would be great.

Old September 17th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

surfer1024 wrote:
LIKE THIS?
[image: