Street Discussion Thread.

Old August 29th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Default Street Discussion Thread.

Goats_On_Unicycles wrote:
FAIL! The movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiI_gL0yWS8

Definitely a good thing you are among the non breeders.

That is epic, please be careful!

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game** - Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography - Only *five* items up so far but -many more to come!-
*Hot Wheel poster added*
Old August 29th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Haha, thanks Brian...
it -still- hurts.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old August 30th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Yesturday I did crankflips standing on the pedals (not sitting) and they
seemed a lot easier (I didn't flip it behind, i kept it under me).
Does anyone else find it easier to do it standing up rather then stand
up when flipping?
Is this a bad habbit (for when learning down sets or outflips)?
Thanks for any help.
-MR

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old August 30th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Any Terrain wrote:
Yesturday I did crankflips standing on the pedals (not sitting) and they
seemed a lot easier (I didn't flip it behind, i kept it under me).
Does anyone else find it easier to do it standing up rather then stand
up when flipping?
Is this a bad habbit (for when learning down sets or outflips)?
Thanks for any help.
-MR

i didnt know you could sit on the pedals!. Seriously, there aren't
really any bad habits to crankflipping besides hops after and some say
doing flips 2 handed. I sit on the seat until right before I jump to do
the flip then I stand up and jump and do the flip.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old August 30th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phil_on_uni

k I got one for all you unispin lovers out there...

I have been working on my 360's latley and i keep having this issue
where i spin the uni (counter-clockwise) and when i go to land the arch
of my right foot hits the frame as if i was trying to land on the
cranks... now the pain can get so unbearable that i can practice for
more then like 15-20 minutes.. do i need to just suck it up and get
better? is there something out there i can use to protect my
feet(different shoes maybe?)

what do you think?

--
Phil_on_uni

UNICYCLE FOR HATRED, BIGOTRY, AND IGNORANCE

Team Forrest, Underground
*)---, '30ft Coaster~
Old August 31st 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Phil_on_uni wrote:
k I got one for all you unispin lovers out there...

I have been working on my 360's latley and i keep having this issue
where i spin the uni (counter-clockwise) and when i go to land the arch
of my right foot hits the frame as if i was trying to land on the
cranks... now the pain can get so unbearable that i can practice for
more then like 15-20 minutes.. do i need to just suck it up and get
better? is there something out there i can use to protect my
feet(different shoes maybe?)

what do you think?

Landing on the cranks is practically essential when you first learn, so
I don't see anything wrong with that.

Do your shoes cover your ankles? If not, then I reccomend getting
shoes that protect your ankles.. baskeball sneakers work fine for that,
skate shoes are a no no (at least untill you learn them first).

Stay OVER the unicycle. Jump up, not backwards.

Try to jump HIGH, and spin the unicycle FAST.

If you are used to 180's it will seem like it is spinning very fast,
but as you get better and start landing them, it wont seem like it is
spinning all that much.

Everything else is the "suck it up" factor.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old August 31st 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Yeah, Phil, we should ride Sunday and make ourselves land some tricks.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~team forrest~~~~~~~~team
dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).~~~~~~~~~...quack!~~~~team
spencer!~~~team kickyourass!
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
want some advice? unicycle better.
~jerrick: king of carnies-
Old August 31st 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phil_on_uni

Jerrick wrote:
Yeah, Phil, we should ride Sunday and make ourselves land some tricks.

sounds good to me captain, i got the roll wrap, just got to make flat
happen now

Beeper... I wont you to look down at your foot for me and see where
your arch is.... now my angles arent the problem... Its the arch of my
foot i keep hitting...

Old August 31st 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Phil-

I never landed on the cranks when learning unispins. Just aim for the
pedals more new shoes may help. I know you are a .... lets say "crafty
spender", but when the soles of my shoes start to get to thin it hurts
my feet to ride quite a bit. Maybe you can get some more life out of
them with some inserts....?

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old August 31st 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phil_on_uni

thanks Sam,
Ya, i may have been the only person that made it through NAUCC with
only .80 dollers

thats the way 180's are, straight to pedal...so i guess i got to suck
it up and make it happen. Sounds good