Unicon 12 freestyle videos

Old November 27th 04, 10:27 AM
john_childs

Default Unicon 12 freestyle videos

There is a thread in the German forum that mentions some newly posted
videos from Unicon 12 in Japan: 'German Thread - Japan Video'
(http://tinyurl.com/6q9wd)

The videos are he 'extremeunicycling.de'
(http://www.extremeunicycling.de/) . The site is in German, but pretty
easy to navigate even if you don't speak or read German. The videos are
of some of the freestyle performances.

Link to the Unicon 12 videos:
http://www.extremeunicycling.de/videos/japan.htm

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old November 27th 04, 11:40 AM
goldenchicken

Sayaka ... I think I am in love

--
goldenchicken - What's a newbie?

Brass players have sore lips, string players have sore fingers, swimmers
smell of chlorine and get ear infections, fencers have little green
bruises all over them, unicyclists have aches in the nether regions.
That's the way it is. Boring people sit in front of the TV and sustain
few injuries, but develop medical problems instead.
--Mikefule
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

Old November 27th 04, 11:47 AM
andrew_carter

Excellent, thanks for the link John.

I was delighted to see Ryan Woessnar do the trick I mentioned in this
thread - http://tinyurl.com/53uc4 .

I think though, after seeing Ryan include it in his Unicon routine, I'll
give up on trying to learn it myself. Maybe I should just stick to muni
and trials.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old November 27th 04, 07:55 PM
billham

Thanks for posting the link, John. How is it that you know what's
happening on the German links?

Bill

--
billham

On my way to starting a local unicycle club!
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Old November 28th 04, 01:11 AM
john_childs

billham wrote:
*Thanks for posting the link, John. How is it that you know what's
happening on the German links?

Bill *

I browse the 'Deutsches Einradforum' (http://tinyurl.com/1p63)
occasionally to look for gallery links and video links. I don't read or
speak German so I can't make much sense of what they are saying. But I
am good at spotting the links.

I know there are people in the German forum who also read and post here
in the English forum. If one of them could let us know over here when
there is a good gallery or a good video posted over in their forums,
that would be cool. Same goes for French, Italian, Spanish, and
Japanese riders. We don't get to see much of the non-English speaking
riders due to the language barrier. When there are good pictures and
good videos of these riders it is nice to be able to see them.

Old November 28th 04, 01:24 AM
john_childs

andrew_carter wrote:
*Excellent, thanks for the link John.

I was delighted to see Ryan Woessnar do the trick I mentioned in this
thread - http://tinyurl.com/53uc4 .

I think though, after seeing Ryan include it in his Unicon routine,
I'll give up on trying to learn it myself. Maybe I should just stick
to muni and trials.

Andrew *

Ryan "Smiley" Woessner also does the Smiley Walk near the end of the
routine. That is where he does a seat out back wheel walk going
forwards.

John Foss also has a video of that routine from NAUCC 2004: 'NAUCC 2004
Video Clips' (http://www.unicycling.com/naucc/).

I think it is safe to say that you are better than Ryan at trials.

Old November 28th 04, 01:24 AM
billham

Sometimes I feel very isolated from the world as an American. So many
of us only speak english and miss out on a lot. I am one of those who
only speaks english.

Last winter I had an opportunity to work with a french engineering
student who was doing an internship with me at work. It was so much fun
to work with her, get to know her and to learn and appreciate a little
more about the French. She spoke french, english, japanese and a little
german. In their school system, everybody learns french and english.
When they are around 12 or 13, they choose a third language to study.
Boy, did I feel like a simple, mono-lingual person around her. It was a
great experience and has given me more desire to travel abroad.
Hopefully for a uni related event someday.

Bill