Unicon 12 Videos

Old December 1st 04, 01:09 PM
Lutz

Default Unicon 12 Videos

Hi,

I have uploaded a view expert freestyle Videos from the Unicon, you can
see it on www.extremeunicycling.de (direct link:
http://www.extremeunicycling.de/videos/japan.htm ).

Lutz

--
Lutz - allrounder

'www.einradversand.de'
(http://www.where.is.my.unicycle.de)

Lutz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1752

Old December 1st 04, 02:23 PM
unicus

A great set of videos, I particularly liked Sayakakan, thanks for
uploading them.

Gary

--
unicus

Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old December 1st 04, 11:04 PM
squeegy

i really liked Daike Izumeda, even if he did fall on some tricks. that
one where he jumps off the pedal and puts weight on his hand is awesome!

--
squeegy
squeegy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8521

Old December 2nd 04, 12:10 AM
jsm

All those videos are extremely impressive. I found the range of styles
very interesting, from Sayakakan's ballet-like riding to Ryan Woessner's
extreme technicallity.
I just can't understand how Sayakakan can do an extremely fast spin and
pirouette, then immediately ride off and coast. Spins always make me so
dizzy.
It appears that Daike Izumeda's last tricks is actually sideways glide.
I would really like to see a video where he does it without falling
off!

Thanks for putting the videos up. Do you have videos of the Open-X
competion, and in particular of Jullian Monney's performance?

--
jsm - Freestyling Traffic Evasionist

"One thing I'll never try though is the suicide mount." - Jonathan
Miersma, 9/04

"I just landed my first suicide mount!" - Jonathan Miersma 11/04
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old December 2nd 04, 12:36 PM
Lutz

In a view weeks I coud become the Open X the Group and Pair freestyle
from Moritz Hahn.

Lutz

Old December 2nd 04, 07:55 PM
johnfoss

Lutz, thank you for posting these videos! I've been waiting since Unicon
to see Sayaka's performance again. Yup, it was still the best one. Too
bad we had some problems with the judging. She should have won the gold.
That is the most beautiful Individual Freestyle performance I've ever
seen, bar none. And I've never seen a spin like what she did anywhere
else, including in all the circuses and pro acts I've ever seen. You can
see she knew she'd nailed it at the end, where she's all in tears. The
performance really needs higher res to appreciate the detail and her
facial expressions.

Note, the Sayakakan clip actually has two riders on it, and Sayaka is
the second one. Sorry, I don't know the name of the first rider, who
also did an amazing performance with some really hard tricks.

The JUA is coming out with a set of DVDs of what is apparently all of
the Freestyle performances. That's several DVDs worth. Check the Unicon
XII web site for details (www.unicon12.com)

jsm wrote:
*I just can't understand how Sayakakan can do an extremely fast spin
and pirouette, then immediately ride off and coast. Spins always make
me so dizzy. *

Me too. And I'm suppossed to be the Uni-Cyclone. That implies I have
some ability at spinning! I do, but I still get dizzy.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'