Campagnolo hubs EU source

Old September 2nd 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Luca Magnoni

Default Campagnolo hubs EU source

Hello everybody.
Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

Most online shops don't carry them either. I have tried www3.hibike.de
which has Centaur listed but again, rear hubs are not available.
Chain Reaction, only Record, same for Wiggle and Bike Discount. Bike
Components in Germany same as HiBike, listed but not available.

Is there any European source I could contact that still carries them?
Or is eBay (UK or D) my only chance?
I know it's paradoxal since I am in Italy but...

Thanks in advance.
Luca
Old September 2nd 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

"Luca Magnoni" wrote in message
Hello everybody.
Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

That's because they've abandoned the market. I'm angry about this.

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

That's all they make now.

Most online shops don't carry them either. I have tried www3.hibike.de
which has Centaur listed but again, rear hubs are not available.
Chain Reaction, only Record, same for Wiggle and Bike Discount. Bike
Components in Germany same as HiBike, listed but not available.

Is there any European source I could contact that still carries them?
Or is eBay (UK or D) my only chance?
I know it's paradoxal since I am in Italy but...

Your best bet is smaller places - hope they've got some in a box gathering
dust somewhere.

I'll be ditching campag hubs and going to some shimano compatible type, with
one of the campag/shimano adaptations to let me keep my ergos.

Old September 2nd 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
BigP

Luca Magnoni wrote:
Hello everybody.
Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

Most online shops don't carry them either. I have tried www3.hibike.de
which has Centaur listed but again, rear hubs are not available.
Chain Reaction, only Record, same for Wiggle and Bike Discount. Bike
Components in Germany same as HiBike, listed but not available.

Is there any European source I could contact that still carries them?

I've looked hard and cannot find any UK online retailers with stock of rear
Campag hubs other than Record 32h.

Or is eBay (UK or D) my only chance?

I think so. They do very occasionally appear on eBay - from various
countries.

Old September 2nd 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Sep 2, 1:43*am, Luca Magnoni wrote:
Hello everybody.
Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

Most online shops don't carry them either. I have tried www3.hibike.de
which has Centaur listed but again, rear hubs are not available.
Chain Reaction, only Record, same for Wiggle and Bike Discount. Bike
Components in Germany same as HiBike, listed but not available.

Is there any European source I could contact that still carries them?
Or is eBay (UK or D) my only chance?
I know it's paradoxal since I am in Italy but...

Thanks in advance.
Luca

Hi Luca!!
Campagnolo is only making 32 hole Record, none other.

We have 2006 Centaur in 36h and 32 hole, hub pairs only. The nice ones
with the alumnum axle.
Old September 2nd 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Sep 2, 4:00*am, "Clive George" wrote:

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

That's all they make now.

I'm curious about what hubs come in the lower-priced Campi groups.
Do those groups all include Record hubs now? Or no hubs?
Or lower-priced hubs (that are only sold as part of a full
component group, i.e. not a la carte)?

Tom Ace
Old September 2nd 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

Luca Magnoni wrote:
Hello everybody.
Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

Most online shops don't carry them either. I have tried www3.hibike.de
which has Centaur listed but again, rear hubs are not available.
Chain Reaction, only Record, same for Wiggle and Bike Discount. Bike
Components in Germany same as HiBike, listed but not available.

Is there any European source I could contact that still carries them?
Or is eBay (UK or D) my only chance?
I know it's paradoxal since I am in Italy but...

Thanks in advance.
Luca

wow! big bad shimano to the rescue! they still make [and sell] a full
range of hubs...
Old September 2nd 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

"Tom Ace" wrote in message
On Sep 2, 4:00 am, "Clive George" wrote:

Shops don't have them anymore, and Campagnolo doesn't have _any_ rear
hub left in their warehouse except from Record 32h.

That's all they make now.

I'm curious about what hubs come in the lower-priced Campi groups.
Do those groups all include Record hubs now? Or no hubs?
Or lower-priced hubs (that are only sold as part of a full
component group, i.e. not a la carte)?

What defines a group anyway? Even within the ranges there are choices -
double vs triple, different cassettes, etc. Would a Record groupset come
with a hub, even if those buying it would be buying pre-built wheels?

The answer to your question is "No hubs".

Old September 2nd 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Ace

On Sep 2, 7:56*am, "Clive George" wrote:

What defines a group anyway?

Once upon a time, Campagnolo did. In the Catalog 17 era
for example, Campagnolo gave a pic and parts list of what
came in each group--and hubs were in the list.

The answer to your question is "No hubs".

Ah, okay.

Tom Ace
Old September 2nd 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd

On Sep 2, 5:35*am, "P. Chisholm" wrote:
[...]

Further, the 2009 Record hubs only come in BLACK! Ahhh, what happened
to the nice, shiny silver hubs!

We have 2006 Centaur in 36h and 32 hole, hub pairs only. The nice ones
with the alumnum axle.- Hide quoted text -

Agree, the 2006 and early Centaur hubs were basically Record/Chorus
with a locking screw instead of a bolt as the innards, i.e., cones,
cups, races, are all the same. Get a 3mm bolt and you're done.

Note, Nashbar still has the Centaur "grey" rear hub for $75:

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Produc...2_215281_-1___

-
Old September 2nd 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:00:33 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

Here _in Italy_ it's getting almost impossibile to find new Campagnolo
hubs.

That's because they've abandoned the market. I'm angry about this.

Did they explain why they took this decision?