A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

On topic, but not in the UK



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 11th 19, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,223
Default On topic, but not in the UK

I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/


Ads
  #2  
Old February 11th 19, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Evans
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/



I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having children
who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour. Hence I have
read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is described as being
autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be solitary "man" type
behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?
  #3  
Old February 11th 19, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,024
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/



I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having children
who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour. Hence I have
read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is described as being
autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be solitary "man" type
behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927579/

--
Bod

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #4  
Old February 11th 19, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,965
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 5:01:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/


So why don't you cycle?
  #5  
Old February 11th 19, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 92
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/



I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having
children who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour.
Hence I have read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is
described as being autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be
solitary "man" type behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type
behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927579/


That's really interesting. It's bleeding obvious that most of the people
on Usenet are at least a bit "on the spectrum". What I hadn't realised
is that so many people diagnosed as autistic are actually
high-functioning. So, thanks for that information.

  #6  
Old February 11th 19, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,024
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 19:21, GB wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:08, Tom Evans wrote:
On 11/02/2019 17:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/



I'm happy to admit to being a bit "on the spectrum" and having
children who had "problems" at school due to this type of behaviour.
Hence I have read a few books on the subject. A lot of what is
described as being autistic spectrum behaviour just seems to be
solitary "man" type behaviour as opposed to communal "woman" type
behaviour.

Not trying to start a flame, but have you ever considered your own
behaviour in this context?

*
* Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally
very intelligent. Many being highly so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927579/


That's really interesting. It's bleeding obvious that most of the people
on Usenet are at least a bit "on the spectrum". What I hadn't realised
is that so many people diagnosed as autistic are actually
high-functioning. So, thanks for that information.

My pleasure.


--
Bod

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #7  
Old February 12th 19, 12:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,429
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.


I like this Dilbert sketch (audio)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3VrOUF5U0wwU1k
  #8  
Old February 12th 19, 04:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,024
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On 11/02/2019 23:56, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/02/2019 18:23, Bod wrote:

Mr Pounder is obviously unaware that Autistic people are normally

very intelligent. Many being highly so.


I like this Dilbert sketch (audio)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3VrOUF5U0wwU1k

An amusing little skit :-)


--
Bod

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #9  
Old February 12th 19, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,223
Default On topic, but not in the UK

Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 5:01:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/


So why don't you cycle?


Pillock.


  #10  
Old February 12th 19, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,965
Default On topic, but not in the UK

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 5:56:33 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 5:01:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
I've always suspected ....

https://floridabicycle.org/2016/04/cycling-and-autism/


So why don't you cycle?


Pillock.


Do you actually know what that word means?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXjcZdk5QQ

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off topic for UK, on topic for another good laugh at cyclists Mr Pounder Esquire UK 1 May 22nd 16 09:25 PM
Three Greatest Inventions (2/3 On Topic, 1/3 Off Topic) Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman General 21 December 19th 06 05:40 AM
Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic spindrift UK 50 August 7th 06 06:25 AM
Sort of on topic/off topic: Rising toll of kids hurt on roads wafflycat UK 4 March 24th 06 06:28 PM
This is off topic some ... but on topic also... make up your mind Thomas Wentworth General 7 November 8th 05 10:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.