London Critical Mass October ride

Old October 30th 10, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default London Critical Mass October ride

A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467040.html

-- .
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".
Old October 30th 10, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote:
A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?
Old October 30th 10, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote:
A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467040.html

-- .
Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".

I like the article you linked to.
Picture two---illegal riding on pavement
Picture three---illegal riding on pavement
Paragraph one---illegal riding in pedestrian area
obstruction
Paragraph two---dangerous use of mobile phones
dangerous riding
Paragraph three---Admission that CM is now no more than a tourist
attraction.
Paragraph four---Admission of lawbreaking (RLJ)
Paragraph five--- allegations with no proof.
Old October 30th 10, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote: A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

-- .
Old October 30th 10, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_3_]

Doug wrote:
On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 30, 12:37 pm, Doug wrote: A jolly
event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

Ramming is far too slow for a large number of knobhead cyclists. Water
cannon would be much more efficient.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 30th 10, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 30, 4:20*pm, Doug wrote:
On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek C wrote: On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote: A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

-- .

Only if they are a rabble intent on stopping drivers going about their
lawful business. And no I haven't, although a young lad on a bike
rammed into me on foot the other day, as I reported in a different
thread.

Derek C
Old October 30th 10, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 30/10/2010 16:20, Doug wrote:
On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek wrote:
On Oct 30, 12:37 pm, wrote: A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

-- .
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".

Do you approve of the ramming of pedestrians by cyclists?

--
Tony Dragon
Old October 30th 10, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

On Oct 30, 4:20*pm, Doug wrote:
On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek C wrote: On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote: A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

-- .
Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".

Just to get first hand experience of CM I joined them Friday, I saw no
ramming of cyclists, I did see plenty of anti social & illegal
behaviour by members of CM.
There was lots of red light jumping that put people in danger, as well
as deliberate actions which had the only intention of upsetting
motorists.
On one occasion a cyclist swerved in front of a taxi & stopped, his
only idea was to provoke the taxi driver (it did not work)
The 'corking' was not done with safety in mind, it was only done to
upset other road users.
At one point some of the idiots on CM decided that they would ride
round & round a Land Rover, he could have just driven into them,
instead he just got out of his car, and laughed at them.
CM did not want to respect any other road users (including
pedestrians) but went out to upset as many people as possible.
After a while I had to leave, as they in no way represent normal
everyday cyclists such as myself, in fact they make my life more
difficult as people might think CM represent cycling, they do not.

Old October 30th 10, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 30 Oct, 13:17, PeterG wrote:
On Oct 30, 12:37*pm, Doug wrote:

A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467040.html

-- .
Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".

I like the article you linked to.
Picture two---illegal riding on pavement
Picture three---illegal riding on pavement
Paragraph one---illegal riding in pedestrian area
* * * * * * * * obstruction
Paragraph two---dangerous use of mobile phones
* * * * * * * * dangerous riding
Paragraph three---Admission that CM is now no more than a tourist
attraction.
Paragraph four---Admission of lawbreaking (RLJ)
Paragraph five--- *allegations with no proof.

A majority of motorists break the laws and they are much more
dangerous and more numerous than cyclists so what point are you
struggling to make?

-- .