Latest Braking News

Old March 6th 21, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Latest Braking News

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:05:16 p.m. UTC-5, wrote:
Snipped
How to stop your fixed Wolfbotts when you touch 70km/h of speed!
Parachute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zcEtlcW74

Snipped
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Did he win a Darwin Award? I didn't see where it slowed him very much.As he speed decreases the chance of that chute going into his rear wheel or otherwise getting wrapped around the bicycle increases by a lot.

And that's not to mention the hazard of being pulled along by a motor vehicle in traffic. Isn't hat illegal?

Cheers
Old March 6th 21, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 2:43:26 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 4:28:17 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
https://bikerumor.com/2021/03/01/pat...-brake-rotors/

Do folks who would spend such money worry about endos? Bit cynical about
the market for such stuff.

Non cyclists worry about endos or at least claim they do, but cyclists
generally not in my experience, be they club cyclists or rolling though the
park to work commuters, and so on.

Roger, not only have I done complete endos with disk brakes, but I almost
did an endo just a couple of months ago when I was riding a bike with
aluminum wheels on it after months and months or riding **** poor braking
carbon rims. Luckily, I realized it just before the rim brake completely
locked. On really bumpy road when descending at speed you have to stand
up which makes doing an endo rather easy if you're not used to the the
brakes you're riding. I even did an endo on a gravel trail with my first
set of disk brakes. I've done this often enough that I'm getting really
good at landing with minimal injury.

If your out of the saddle should be less likely, though I have a MTB
background so tend to adopt that position, ie ready to shift my weight
behind the saddle.

Equally I’m fairly good at rolling out as well MTB, but if your doing it
often then need to do something as that’s not normal.

Roger Merriman

Shifting behind the saddle helps but when you're on really rotten roads, you have to stay over the center of gravity of the bike to maintain control.
Old March 8th 21, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Behind only on very steep stuff so generally MTB, normally on the gravel be
that rough lanes or gravel, hovering over the saddle or just riding light
is enough. A lot of roadies are a static and don’t move about.

Roger Merriman

Old March 10th 21, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 12:56:03 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:05:16 p.m. UTC-5, wrote:
Snipped
How to stop your fixed Wolfbotts when you touch 70km/h of speed!
Parachute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zcEtlcW74

Snipped

Did he win a Darwin Award?

No. In order to win a Darwin Award, one must die and therefore remove
their genes from the gene pool so that whatever genetic mutation
inspired them to do something stupid and fatal will not propagate.
Since the rider obviously survived the video, he's not qualified for a
Darwin Award.

I didn't see where it slowed him very much. As he speed decreases
the chance of that chute going into his rear wheel or otherwise
getting wrapped around the bicycle increases by a lot.

The tiny chute didn't slow him down at all, since he was pedaling both
before and after being released from the car. He could have done
better with an umbrella.

Notice that there were no visible brakes on the bicycle.

And that's not to mention the hazard of being pulled along by a motor
vehicle in traffic. Isn't hat illegal?

Yes. In California, riding in ANY towed trailer is illegal, including
RV trailers and towed boats.
https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-basics/what-states-can-you-ride-in-a-travel-trailer-or-fifth-wheel/

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old March 10th 21, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Well. a sky diver is falling about 130 mph (~200 kph) in the stable
position and the bloke was traveling about 70 kph or about 1/3rd the
speed of the skydiver logically his chute should have been about 1/3rd
the size. Roughly 200/3=70 sq ft. or roughly 16 feet in diameter. :-)

Notice that there were no visible brakes on the bicycle.

And that's not to mention the hazard of being pulled along by a motor
vehicle in traffic. Isn't hat illegal?

Yes. In California, riding in ANY towed trailer is illegal, including
RV trailers and towed boats.
https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-basics/what-states-can-you-ride-in-a-travel-trailer-or-fifth-wheel/

--
Cheers,

John B.

LATEST NEWS ON BEANERS NEMO UK 4 September 18th 15 06:43 PM
This just in - BREAKING NEWS -Liz Hatch Latest Race Results ! Anton Berlin Racing 0 July 11th 12 04:05 PM
Latest news on Jobst Brandt, if any. pH General 0 September 7th 11 03:30 AM
latest news :Vino is heading for Liberty Seguros Ramirez Racing 14 July 28th 05 04:00 PM
latest CC news Andy Racing 0 November 7th 03 04:05 PM