Replacement tire problem

Old August 8th 05, 08:09 PM
B. Halsey-Russaouen

Default Replacement tire problem

I would appreciate your assistance in locating a replacement tire size
in metric 39cm x 3.7cm to fit a Peugeot folding bike manufactured in the
1980's. This tire is not available in Canada or the U.S
Many thanks for any help.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Montreal Canada
Old August 8th 05, 09:12 PM
Tony Raven

B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:
I would appreciate your assistance in locating a replacement tire size
in metric 39cm x 3.7cm to fit a Peugeot folding bike manufactured in the
1980's. This tire is not available in Canada or the U.S
Many thanks for any help.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Montreal Canada

Have you tried Sheldon Brown - usually a source for all sorts of hard to
find stuff. What are the measurements printed on the tyre (in whatever
units they are printed) or failing that the width of the rim and
diameter of the bead seat?

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 8th 05, 09:17 PM
Tony Raven

Tony Raven wrote:
B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

I would appreciate your assistance in locating a replacement tire size
in metric 39cm x 3.7cm to fit a Peugeot folding bike manufactured in
the 1980's. This tire is not available in Canada or the U.S
Many thanks for any help.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Montreal Canada

Have you tried Sheldon Brown - usually a source for all sorts of hard to
find stuff. What are the measurements printed on the tyre (in whatever
units they are printed) or failing that the width of the rim and
diameter of the bead seat?

Are these what you are after?
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/390.html
French Juvenile tyres 390 x 37

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 9th 05, 01:03 AM
B. Halsey-Russaouen

Tony Raven wrote:
B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

I would appreciate your assistance in locating a replacement tire size
in metric 39cm x 3.7cm to fit a Peugeot folding bike manufactured in
the 1980's. This tire is not available in Canada or the U.S
Many thanks for any help.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Montreal Canada

Have you tried Sheldon Brown - usually a source for all sorts of hard to
find stuff. What are the measurements printed on the tyre (in whatever
units they are printed) or failing that the width of the rim and
diameter of the bead seat?

Hello Tony:

Many thanks for your answer, which was much appreciated.

The measurement printed on the tire is 490 - 37.
Where is Sheldon Brown located?

Best.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Old August 9th 05, 01:05 AM
B. Halsey-Russaouen

Tony Raven wrote:

Tony Raven wrote:

B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

I would appreciate your assistance in locating a replacement tire
size in metric 39cm x 3.7cm to fit a Peugeot folding bike
manufactured in the 1980's. This tire is not available in Canada or
the U.S
Many thanks for any help.

B. Halsey-Russaouen
Montreal Canada

Have you tried Sheldon Brown - usually a source for all sorts of hard
to find stuff. What are the measurements printed on the tyre (in
whatever units they are printed) or failing that the width of the rim
and diameter of the bead seat?

Are these what you are after?
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/390.html
French Juvenile tyres 390 x 37

I made a mistake in the measurement: it is 490 -37 and not 390 -37.
Sorry for that.

B. H-R
Old August 9th 05, 05:11 AM
mark

"B. Halsey-Russaouen" wrote in message
.. .
Tony Raven wrote:
B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

Hello Tony:

Many thanks for your answer, which was much appreciated.

The measurement printed on the tire is 490 - 37.
Where is Sheldon Brown located?

Best.

B. Halsey-Russaouen

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

The shop that employs him, Harris Cyclery, is located in West Newton, Mass.
As a few posters pointed out, the store sells an extremely wide range of
hard to find products, like odd sized tires for old folding bicycles.
Sheldon Brown is also known for dispensing free advice by e-mail to anyone
who contacts him, so if the store doesn't have the product he can probably
help you find a source.
--
mark

Old August 9th 05, 08:22 AM
Tony Raven

B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

Many thanks for your answer, which was much appreciated.

The measurement printed on the tire is 490 - 37.

In which case http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/490.html US$25ea

Where is Sheldon Brown located?

A suburb of Boston, MA. The company is called Harris Cyclery and the
source of all things bicycle including wisdom.

--
Tony

Anon
Old August 9th 05, 02:20 PM
B. Halsey-Russaouen

Tony Raven wrote:

B. Halsey-Russaouen wrote:

Hello Tony:

Many thanks for your answer, which was much appreciated.

The measurement printed on the tire is 490 - 37.
Where is Sheldon Brown located?

Best.

B. Halsey-Russaouen

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

The shop that employs him, Harris Cyclery, is located in West Newton, Mass.
As a few posters pointed out, the store sells an extremely wide range of
hard to find products, like odd sized tires for old folding bicycles.
Sheldon Brown is also known for dispensing free advice by e-mail to anyone
who contacts him, so if the store doesn't have the product he can probably
help you find a source.

Many thanks, Mark, for your worthy input. Will follow your advice.

Cheers.

B. H-R

How Much Glue? Rod Techniques 87 October 11th 05 04:34 PM
Easy Coker Airfoil tire change john_childs Unicycling 27 June 21st 05 01:52 AM
Campy shifting problem & chain/cassette replacement Fran and John Techniques 1 January 16th 05 03:33 PM
getting a tubular off the rim quickly peet9471 Techniques 15 December 23rd 04 10:19 PM