Cycling number plates.

Old February 8th 05, 02:03 PM
Oscar

Default Cycling number plates.

Have a look at this cool plate. Available from the WA cycling federation.

http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/images/...adlicplate.jpg
Old February 8th 05, 10:24 PM
TimC

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 at 14:03 GMT, Oscar (aka Bruce)
Have a look at this cool plate. Available from the WA cycling federation.

http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/images/...adlicplate.jpg

Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

So now that the car is gone, wanna shag? -- James
Old February 8th 05, 11:20 PM
Theo Bekkers

TimC wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 at 14:03 GMT, Oscar (aka Bruce)

http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/images/...adlicplate.jpg

Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

Yeah, why not? In Wa you can have almost anything you want on a plate.
Plates come in cheapo personal in the format ABC-XXX where you can up to
three letters plus three numbers in black on blue, e.g JB-007, HEL-000 for
$91 once only charge. Or you can pay $115 and have a choice of 14 colours
and up to 7 characters e.g CHARLES in a choice of standard or slimline. For
$365 you get up to 9 characters in Polycarbonate. I recently saw one that
said WOGWHEELS. Then there are sporting clubs and corporate, includes your
logo. A common one such as West Coast Eagles is $115. Corporate cost depends
on number of colours and quantity. I think minimum number for a plate with a
logo is 20. So if you,ve got 20 people willing to buy one you can have an
aus.bicycle plate.
My wife's car is HEL-001 (her name is Helen) which she has had since 1978.
My 1994 Moto Guzzi has GUZZI94. My ute has a local shire plate CH-5209 (for
Chittering). No charge for these.

In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People even
drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in WA. Sheesh!

Theo

Old February 10th 05, 01:32 AM
Theo Bekkers

Oscar wrote:
TimC wrote:

Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

Yes.

Went to donate at the Red Cross yesterday. In thier donor carpark was a
Toyota Echo, number plate BRRM-BRRM.

Theo

Old February 10th 05, 02:00 AM
cfsmtb

Oscar Wrote:
Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

Yes.[/color]

very kewl! :

--
cfsmtb

Old February 10th 05, 06:02 AM
Oscar

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Oscar wrote:

TimC wrote:

Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

Yes.

Went to donate at the Red Cross yesterday. In thier donor carpark was a
Toyota Echo, number plate BRRM-BRRM.

Theo

There's a gym instructor in my town who has "PURRR" on her sports car.
Old February 10th 05, 06:58 AM
essendon93

People even drive around with Essendon Footbal Club plates issued her
in WA. Sheesh

Smart people :

--
essendon93

Old February 10th 05, 10:46 AM
HUMBUG

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:20:58 +0800, Theo Bekkers Wrote :
snip

In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People even
drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in WA. Sheesh!

As someone once said - there's no accounting for taste...

--

Humbug who lives in Essendon less than 10 mins walk to the Windy Hill ground.
Old February 10th 05, 11:29 PM
Theo Bekkers

HUMBUG wrote:
Theo Bekkers Wrote : snip

In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People
even drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in
WA. Sheesh!

As someone once said - there's no accounting for taste...

My interest in AFL is so intense that I didn't know how to spell Essendon
:-)

Theo

[Long] ASA vs CTC Not Responding UK 18 January 20th 05 12:36 AM
Cycling benefits 'outweigh deaths' cfsmtb Australia 30 December 13th 04 11:57 AM
published helmet research - not troll Frank Krygowski Social Issues 1716 October 24th 04 06:39 AM
Wachovia Cycling Series - Come meet the teams! Steve Racing 0 May 28th 04 02:46 PM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard General 5 March 22nd 04 04:56 AM