Bode Miller rides a unicycle

Old October 7th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Default Bode Miller rides a unicycle

Hopefully Dave comes back in ehre. Hes a worldclass telemark skier, and
sponsored by Kris Holm.

He would have a great insight about this.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 7th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Dave hasn't been online in forever. Someone should call him.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old October 7th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

I think lots of skiers unicycle to help there balance. I've definitely
inproved this season at skiing, not sure how much unicycling helped
though. I wasn't unicycling last ski season.

And 2 of the ski instructors up at the mountain I ski at can unicycle,
they learnt to help there balance. One of them used to be a top swiss
racer. Pretty kool really.

--
SkierAlex

You've highlighted my sig'.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kbxhv)
Old October 7th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Ingemar Stenmark (not sure if that's spelled right) was written up in
the USA's Newsletter in the late 70s. The article includes pictures of
Jack Halpern giving him a new unicycle, and him riding it. Not exactly a
testimonial, but another famous skier.

I ski occasionally, but not well enough to provide a meaningful
testimonial. All I know is that the two sports have a lot in common in
terms of muscle groups used, as well as dynamic, or full-body balance
and movement needed to maximize results.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old October 7th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

johnfoss;1109071 wrote:
All I know is that the two sports have a lot in common in terms of
muscle groups used, as well as dynamic, or full-body balance and
movement needed to maximize results.

Sweet. Lucky they're my two favourite sports

Old October 7th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

I seem to have always had good balance in sports, I think mostly due to
unicycling at an early age.

MTBers were always amazed how I was able to stay upright and run out a
crash off a bike. Skiing too, I have pulled off some amazing saves due
to balance.

Unicycling this past season will definitely help more in the fitness
department. I feel stronger going into the season this year than I have
in the last couple.

Loveland opens in less than two weeks!!
Woo effin Hoo!!

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old October 7th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

To really good leg workout Bode should ride an UW instead of pushing
that roller

My years of skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, & inline prob helped a
tad mentally w/ learning to uni. Zero physical - it'd been years since
I'd done any + the paralysis from breaking my back (thighs & core still
work).

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

Bode Miller Marty Racing 1 January 28th 06 06:20 PM
unispotting: darwin rides unicycle on SNL Gilby Unicycling 1 January 15th 06 05:09 AM
Ellen DeGeneres rides a unicycle? jagur Unicycling 0 September 21st 05 05:23 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) unicycle6869 Unicycling 0 August 29th 05 03:19 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 July 7th 05 05:34 PM