drink holders - no screws

Old May 20th 07, 01:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Skeleton Man

Default drink holders - no screws

Hi guys,

I have a Raleigh Tora dual suspension bike, and it works great for my
purposes, but I guess because of the design it doesn't have any screws to
attach drink bottle cages or really anywhere much to put them. I was
wondering if they make a bottle holder that attaches with straps or
something instead of screws ?

Other ideas are welcome.. the bike in question looks like this:
http://www.raleigh-canada.ca/popup/img_pop/tora_lrg.jpg

I realise it's only a "budget" model, but I'd still like to be able to get
out and about with it.. (currently I haven't even been out of town with it!)

Chris

Old May 20th 07, 01:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bran Everseeking

Skeleton Man wrote:

realise it's only a "budget" model, but I'd still like to be able to get
out and about with it.. (currently I haven't even been out of town with
it!)

Chris

My LBS has single and double bottle holders that go on the seatpost and the
other option is to get an hydration pack. the latter gives you more fluid
and space for tools and lunch.

Bran
Old May 20th 07, 02:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Michael Dart

http://www.twofish.biz/pdf/StainlessCages.pdf

Old May 20th 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Skeleton Man

My LBS has single and double bottle holders that go on the seatpost and the
other option is to get an hydration pack. the latter gives you more fluid
and space for tools and lunch.

Excellent, thanks! The hydration pack sounds good as I'd probably be carring
a backpack anyway for that purpose.. (tools/lunch)

Chris

Old May 20th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On May 19, 7:29 pm, "Skeleton Man" wrote:
My LBS has single and double bottle holders that go on the seatpost and the
other option is to get an hydration pack. the latter gives you more fluid
and space for tools and lunch.

Excellent, thanks! The hydration pack sounds good as I'd probably be carring
a backpack anyway for that purpose.. (tools/lunch)

Chris

If you want a cheap, good hydration pack, Costco (I'm not sure if
it's stocked at every location) has the High Sierra packs with a 70oz
bladder, for only $20. Lots of pockets, straps, etc, and a good body-
cooling suspension system. Hooked a friend up with one and today was
its maiden voyage. He loved it. I've used the Mule for several
years, but there are lots of good ones out there.

cDB

bottle holders thelonghouse UK 1 November 14th 06 09:35 PM
Screws for KH bearing holders = how-to? madc-ccc Unicycling 3 April 29th 06 09:48 PM
holders of bearing holders? goldenchicken II Unicycling 17 August 11th 05 08:09 PM
Pocket PC holders... Mac UK 27 August 3rd 05 07:24 PM
Bearing holders mgrant Unicycling 13 February 11th 04 03:53 AM