New Coker offroad tyre!

Old October 6th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

Default New Coker offroad tyre!

Apologies if this has been posted here already, but Coker have a new
offroad tyre. Its marginally wider than other 36" tyres by 1/8", but the
coolest thing about it is its tread pattern which consists entirely of
embossed 'Coker' text. The word 'Coker' will be written in the mud in
mirror-writing and normal writing wherever you go. I've always thought
that it would be a cool if a tyre company did this, shameless
self-promotion though it is.

I wonder how much it weighs....

'Read more here' (http://blog.cokercycles.com/?p=24#more-24).

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/unimeltdown)
Old October 6th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim

It doesn't look the best tread pattern for off-road and I don't trust
tire measurements written on side of tires.
It was due out in August but I don't think it is available for sale
yet, no one on the forum has bought one as far as I know

jim

--
Jim
Old October 6th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

Looks like it's for sale now:
http://tinyurl.com/4yuwmw

--
MuniSano
Old October 6th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Very pretty. I'd be more convinced if their name was XXX

--
Mikefule

In democracies, most people vote for the candidate most like themselves.
Unfortunately, most people are stupid.
Old October 6th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

Mikefule;1108446 wrote:
Very pretty. I'd be more convinced if their name was XXX

Or perhaps +++++

--
MuniSano
Old October 6th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

It's a good thing they have it spelled in both directions. Otherwise
pumped at a high enough pressure it would say KKK...

--
phlegm
Old October 6th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

TonyMelton;1108269 wrote:
Apologies if this has been posted here already

appoligy accepted

Cough* http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70754 *Cough

--
UniKid2

-To be, or not to be... That is the question....-
The ****s will be up and running within a day or two at ogreshirts.com
- Ogre
0

/ I \

/ ' \
Old October 7th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

UniKid2;1108603 wrote:
appoligy accepted

What's an 'appoligy'? Nonetheless what's different to that thread is
that the tyre is now available for sale. I actually found this page
http://tinyurl.com/4yuwmw first, then the blog page. I post the link to
the blog page as it looked at lot more interesting.

Old October 7th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Mikefule;1108446 wrote:
Very pretty. I'd be more convinced if their name was XXX

Yeah, buying any black rubber stuff with XXX on it is always more
satisfying

I'd have to agree though that whilst having the name on the tread is
pretty cool, I don't see it being the best idea for an off-road tyre.
It looks like approx 85% of the tread is full height (or 15% is cut
away, depending on your point of view). Most decent off-road tyres are
more like 50/50

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old October 8th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
HardcoreCokerRider

Well for those of us who ride in the city (and other places where this
danger exists), it looks like that tire would be really annoying to have
to scrape and clean - with all those nooks and crannies - when you ride
over a land mine (of the type produced by canines)...

--
HardcoreCokerRider

"You guys on your uni's are like the ******* step child that's locked
away in the basement and comes out and kicks everyone's ass"

- Ray

Coker Tyre pressure?? Rolf Unicycling 32 March 12th 07 05:23 PM
I blew out my tubeless Coker tyre! TonyMelton Unicycling 39 December 15th 06 12:36 PM
Coker tyre - life unijuul Unicycling 7 November 12th 06 03:41 PM
Tubeless Coker tyre idea TonyMelton Unicycling 13 December 4th 03 06:29 AM
2nd Hand Coker Tyre UK imagem Unicycling 2 November 24th 03 01:20 PM