integrated headset

Old May 24th 04, 01:04 PM
Matthew Paterson

Default integrated headset

Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset is required. Just
got my AC2 frame, and my brand new FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what
integrated headsets are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
about it.

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old May 24th 04, 01:18 PM
Xtc

"Matthew Paterson" wrote in message
news
Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset is required. Just
got my AC2 frame, and my brand new FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what
integrated headsets are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
about it.

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

I believe it's call an internal headset. It's not considered integrated
although it does say so on the specs about the AC's. I have the AC1 and my
Lbs owner has corrected me on this matter. Now thats what he has told me. So
correct me if I'm wrong. As far as integrated headsets go, Kris King also
has one. They also have a nice write up on the integrated headset. Be
warned. It's not gonna make you happy.
Xtc

Old May 24th 04, 03:00 PM
TBF

"Matthew Paterson" wrote in message
news
Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset is required. Just
got my AC2 frame, and my brand new FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what
integrated headsets are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
about it.

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Ditto, I think it's an internal headset for the AC2. Any my Jamis has an
intergrated cane creek headset. Absolutely no problems with it so far.

Old May 24th 04, 03:22 PM
R.White

Matthew Paterson wrote in message .uk...
Has anyone built up a bike where an integrated headset is required. Just
got my AC2 frame, and my brand new FSA Pig headset wont fit. So what
integrated headsets are available. I have seen a Cane Creek one, but thats
about it.

Is it actually integrated or internal? Giant has called their internal
headsets "integrated" in the past. They use an internal bearing cup where
as a true integrated headset uses no bearing cup.

See:

http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_headsets_explained/int_hds_frames.html

The frame showing the "internal" is a Giant.

FSA makes an internal headset.
Old May 25th 04, 02:33 AM
ZeeExSixAre

Is it actually integrated or internal? Giant has called their internal
headsets "integrated" in the past. They use an internal bearing cup where
as a true integrated headset uses no bearing cup.

It is internal, not integrated. I changed my cups out when I got my AC1.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old May 25th 04, 11:27 PM
ZeeExSixAre

flange is flush with the rest of the steerer tube, so it's probably a
little harder to remove with a conventional cup removal tool. I would

This is the one I used on mine with no problems:
http://www.parktool.com/tools/RT_1.shtml

Phil