Drum Case

Old February 22nd 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Drum Case

Has anyone ever used a bass drum case to check a unicycle wheel on an
airplane?

--
snaplink
snaplink's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10933

Old February 22nd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it sounds reasonable, if you dont want to take it apart, but taking the
wheel off isnt too hard

--
habbywall

'1506 posts on one page!' (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) 'If God wanted
us to wear shoes we would have been made with them on.'
(http://www.runningbarefoot.org)
BUY TORKER UNICYCLES FOR NO APPERANT REASON
*PM about advertising here! kristine did it! you should too!
I LOVE JONNY-HE'S SOOOOOOOOO COOOOL*
'\"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out!'
(http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old February 22nd 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i used a guitar case once...ot was easy...they checked it as a carry on
and all the guy at security said was"cool"

--
trials_uni

'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) ---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

monkeyman wrote:
Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

Old February 22nd 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

is that in an acoustic guitar case? and are we talking 20" wheel here?

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old February 22nd 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Interesting idea, I just bought myself a set of drum cases too.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter

...well that's what i think anyway.
*'www.unicycletips.com' (http://www.unicycletips.com) | 'my photos
and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) | '\\"dancing
about architecture\\"'
(http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

Old February 22nd 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
i used a guitar case once...ot was easy...they checked it as a carry on
and all the guy at security said was"cool"

plus what bout cranks?.. did they fit

--
Mike The Uni Man
Mike The Uni Man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11729

Old February 23rd 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If you need custom built cases (or guitar cases) check out Triple-A
Flight Cases at http://www.flight-cases.net

Old February 23rd 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

maybe i wasnt totally explanitory. it was a big acoustic guitar case for
a juggernaut(REALLY BIG GUITAR) it was a 20" wheel and the cranks just
fit in...i had to take off the pedals and seat. thats all.

Old February 24th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

SWEET! i was just wondering how i could take my unicycle to mexico this
summer.. and. a guitar case... AWSOME IDEA! woo! thanks

--
eccentric.uni
eccentric.uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11711

Old February 24th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

For a single unicycle I still stand by my method which John Foss dubbed
"the naked unicycle" technique.

I just take the uni (fully assembled) through the airport to the gate
where they check it at the gate. In the SLC and Boston airports I've
even ridden through the airport. Though I got some strange looks from
some, no airport "officials" had a problem with it (well only a little
problem but that's another story).

-mg

--
mgrant

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

What bulb for dynamo. Martin Dann UK 352 July 22nd 05 07:12 AM
A drum brake solution. David Damerell Techniques 2 June 7th 05 10:53 AM
Drum brake removal Dan Burkhart Techniques 5 May 9th 05 01:20 PM
Motorist kills pedestrian - court case David Hansen UK 21 March 1st 05 10:18 AM