I'm beginning to get really confused...

Old October 10th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

Default I'm beginning to get really confused...

i really need a new uni...a trials one. I've kinda decided against the
torker DX...not really willing to spend sooo much money. I've been
trying to look at this 2007 qu-ax unicycle?..but all i find is this
beginner trials. I don't want a beginner unicycle..i want one that will
withstand the worst beating imaginable..i ride in probably the most
abusive conditions. Can some one list a couple of good options for me
because i don't know where to start

--
Chexjc
Chexjc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13511

Old October 10th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eroick

You want a splined hub and crankset. This means that rather than the
cranks being hooked on to a square taper, they are hooked onto a lot of
notches which means more surface area which distrobutes weight better
and doesnt break as easily. The Torker DX is the cheapest splined, If
it is too much, you can't get a splined uni. If you want something
strong, you gotta pay for it. Get the Torker DX trials or the QU AX
trials (the splined one). If you can't afford these, too bad, as these
are the cheapest unis which will take abuse.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick

My MSN:

but 3 degrees is like a heat wave!! woohoo.

Eroick's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old October 10th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

k thanks..udc is down right now..but is this the unicycle you are
refering to?..i don't want the torker..i've too much crap about it..and
the qu ax is probably lighter right?

[image: http://unicycle.co.uk/Images/Shop/quaxmuni20.jpg]

Old October 10th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eroick

Chexjc wrote:
k thanks..udc is down right now..but is this the unicycle you are
refering to?..i don't want the torker..i've too much crap about it..and
the qu ax is probably lighter right?

[image: http://unicycle.co.uk/Images/Shop/quaxmuni20.jpg]

Thats the one you want.

Old October 10th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Eroick wrote:
You want a splined hub and crankset. This means that rather than the
cranks being hooked on to a square taper, they are hooked onto a lot of
notches which means more surface area which distrobutes weight better
and doesnt break as easily.

Nit-picking

The splined hubs are stronger because the axle is a larger diameter.
If a square taper hub had the same diameter axle it would have a
similar strength. The problem is that the square taper hubs are
standardized at a smaller diameter.

Splined hubs have an advantage that the cranks are not going to fall
off as easily as a square taper crank. Square taper cranks are
notorious for falling off during a muni ride.

So a larger diameter axle and a more reliable hub crank interface are
the advantages to splined hubs.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old October 10th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

ok..so..i'm a little confused after reading about this isis thing..which
qu-ax unicycle do i probably want?

Old October 10th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

If you have read any other posts that i have made on which uni to get
you will know that im going to recomend the 06 or 07 kh 20". I
recomend these because they are really strong and really light. Also
depending on where you get them the KH uni is around or under 500.
This may seem like a lot but if you are getting a uni that costs 400
definitally get the kh instead it is well worth the money if you are
willing to spend it.

--
timbob1907

Cheers,
___Tim

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
it wouldn't matter anyway.

timbob1907 wrote:
You have a CX?
Ducttape wrote:
yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in disguise.....

timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Old October 10th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Chexjc wrote:
i really need a new uni...a trials one. I've kinda decided against the
torker DX...not really willing to spend sooo much money. I've been
trying to look at this 2007 qu-ax unicycle?..but all i find is this
beginner trials. I don't want a beginner unicycle..i want one that will
withstand the worst beating imaginable..i ride in probably the most
abusive conditions. Can some one list a couple of good options for me
because i don't know where to start

The Qu-Ax 2007 will withstand abuse, but not extreme abuse, it's the
cheapest splined unicycle available in Europe (dont know Torker
prices). 185 EUR

The Qu-Ax 2006 will withstand extreme abuse, very good unicycle for a
decent price. 280 EUR

Same goes for the Koxx 2006. 349 EUR (Koxx devil)

Same goes for the KH 2007, plus, it's very light, 5.6KG. 399 EUR

I advise you to get the Qu-Ax 2006 10 splined. It's well worth the
money and it's a damn good unicycle.

--
DustinSchaap

Old October 10th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

I advise you to get the Qu-Ax 2006 10 splined. It's well worth the money
and it's a damn good unicycle.

why is the 2006 model better?..isn't the 2007 model splined?

Old October 10th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I dont know why you dont want the DX.

The 2006 model has the frame problem, but the 2007 doesnt, and I have
been riding my DX for aound 8 months now, doing 8+ foot drops, grinds,
stair-set, tons of trials lines where I cant roll out of the landing,
and tons of more beating, and its been holding up fine.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)