The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 11th 07, 08:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Default We Have a President That Rides A Bike Now!

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Others are complaining about the form of your posts. No one, so far
as I know, is complaining about the form of my posts. Microsoft must
be doing something right!

WHOOSH!

"Others" would be Sorni, who is also using Outhouse Express. There are
several ways OE gets tripped up that does not happed to proper
news/mail readers.

Do "proper" newsreaders add spam to every single post? LOL

I hardly complained, merely noting that one has to manually delete your sig
file every single time due to your "proper newsreader" adding a needless ad
tag to your every blathering. This defeats the "proper" REASON to use a sig
file separator; you might as well just paste a text phrase.

OE works fine for me, and doesn't spam itself constantly (or at all). Guess
it's not elitist enough for a trikie rider! LOL

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

OK, that one's worth repeating...

BS (a little)

Old August 11th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_500_]

Edward Dolan wrote:

Others are complaining about the form of your posts. No one, so far
as I know, is complaining about the form of my posts. Microsoft must
be doing something right!

WHOOSH!

"Others" would be Sorni, who is also using Outhouse Express. There are
several ways OE gets tripped up that does not happed to proper
news/mail readers.

Do "proper" newsreaders add spam to every single post? LOL

WHOOSH!!!

Learn the difference between a newsreader (something installed on your
computer) and a news-server. SHEESH!

I hardly complained, merely noting that one has to manually delete your sig
file every single time due to your "proper newsreader" adding a needless ad
tag to your every blathering. This defeats the "proper" REASON to use a sig
file separator; you might as well just paste a text phrase.

I can't help it if OE gets confused when it should not. Why is it that
only OE users seem to have a problem? There are other "auto" features in
OE that cause problems. You can get a better program for FREE.

OE works fine for me, and doesn't spam itself constantly (or at all). Guess
it's not elitist enough for a trikie rider! LOL

YO, Sorni - the tag is added by the NEWS-SERVER, NOT the NEWSREADER. DUH!

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

OK, that one's worth repeating...

BS (a little)

“Great Ford!
yawl smelling your clivus? pew!
a unique event
or transient actionable intelligence?
unclog!” - gene daniels

Old August 12th 07, 07:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Well, I must admit I do not give a hoot about tags since I never look at
them. I figure that is just the cost of doing business on the Internet.

But talking about tags, my cable TV drives me stark raving mad! Nothing but
ads all the time. I gave up on broadcast radio long ago, except for PBS. Ads
are much more invidious than any of us think. It is basically what ruins all
so-called free entertainment.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 13th 07, 12:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_549_]

"still me" wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
won't find you.

Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
singing another tune!

I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

Old August 13th 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_550_]

"still me" wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:52:55 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

The Democrats can continue to run against Bush, and probably will, but inasmuch
as he won't be the other name on the ballot it'll be largely wasted.

Most of that candidates on the Rep side endorse most of his positions.
So, running against him will work as a strategy.

I actually
consider Hillary to be a significant and substantial candidate - a bit short in
the personal charm department maybe but a far more serious person than the last
two stuffed senatorial shirts they trotted out. Unfortunately for her she will
likely come out of this insanely long primary having adopted enough leftish
coloration to leave her unelectable by the general public.

She brings all of Bill's baggage with her. His positives only help
with the core audience. She might gain some women's votes but she
loses those who would never vote for a women. I think she's a loser.
Southerner would help, anybody from the Midwest wouldn't hurt, and I mean the
real midwest where they still have some factories and railyards and cows, not
Chicago.

They need a real Southerner. I don't think Hillary qualifies. They
don't seem to understand that the South has finally gotten over it's
Lincoln era "we're not Republicans" bias and now votes Republican.

They keep getting alliances with union officials and think that's the
same as having the union vote and it isn't the same thing at all. Even now there
aren't enough government workers for that to succeed. Over the decades the
Republican party has evolved into a creature that feeds on New England liberals.

Or looking at it the other way - the Dem's haven't yet figured out
that a Northern Liberal is not going to win. Advantage Republicans....

On the other hand, maybe many of the blue collar evangelicals have
started to figure out that not only are they screwing themselves
economically by voting Republican, but the Republicans have only paid
lip services to their social agenda. They may just decide to stay home
at election time.

The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic agenda
implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are doing better.
Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits that bleat the
regressive economic case, people will still look at their own lives and
see that things are not going right for them.

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

Old August 13th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"still me" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.

You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
won't find you.
Keats

Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
singing another tune!

I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

Keats

Old August 13th 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_551_]

(Not Tom) Keats wrote:
"still me" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:06:52 -0500, "Keats" wrote:

I would say that I fear the American Christianists more than I fear the
radical Islamists. For one thing, the Christianists are just as nuts;
for another, there are far more of them than Islamists in the US.
You start out being fairly rational but then you drift so far out in left
field there's no reeling you in. Go hide under you bed so the Christians
won't find you.
Keats

Sure, you joke now... when they restart The Inquisition you'll be
singing another tune!

I don't sing well, so I'll be humming Onward Christian Soldiers. But
really now, do you think President Bush is going to have enough time to
finish up Iraq, then take out Iran's nuclear capability, and also restart
The Inquisition by his term's end? Let's be practical.

If there is a "national emergency" created from the blow-back of
attacking Iran, will there be an election in 2008?

"Humans are not Peterbilt trucks..." - Jobst Brandt

Old August 13th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

--

Well that could be upsetting to some people who had their hearts set on
voting. How long do you think Bush and Cheney would have to stay in office

Keats

Old August 13th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

The Republicans have to deal with the fact that they have dominated
national politics for a quarter century, had most of the economic
agenda implemented, yet only those who were rich before hand are
doing better.

You love just making up stuff, doncha? (Whattsa matter, your Google broke
or something?!?)

Even though the corporate media is dominated by pundits
that bleat the regressive economic case, people will still look at
their own lives and see that things are not going right for them.

Record high home ownership, record low unemployment, high consumer
confidence, low inflation... Darn those pesky facts!

“Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk.” - gene daniels

It beats your Spam Line, I'll give you that...

Old August 13th 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_552_]

(Not Tom) Keats wrote:
"still me" wrote in message
[...]

Until the people demand a change, no sooner.