Riding in the Tropics

Old February 19th 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

Default Riding in the Tropics

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.

Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
of places please share.

TIA
Old February 19th 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

On Feb 19, 10:53*am, wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.

Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
of places please share.

TIA

I spent a week in Treasure Beach and did some cycling. The roads are
quiet and seemed safe during the day. A guide would be cheap. The
mountains are nearby so there are nice hills to ride. I would
recommend a mountain bike or tourer with puncture-resistant tires.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/01/25...25jamaica.html
Old February 19th 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Nobody wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.

Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
of places please share.

The people I know who live in Hawaii say the cycling is great there.
That's hearsay though, I've never been cycling in Hawaii.

--
Bill Asher
Old February 19th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.

Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
of places please share.

TIA

A club-mate does Mexico at Christmas every year, and seems to like it
very much as a cycling destination.

Old February 19th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A club-mate does Mexico at Christmas every year, and seems to like it
very much as a cycling destination.

And comes back and whips everybodies ass for a few weeks until the
panache wears off. Anyway its more hip to refer to it as New Italy.
Old February 20th 10, 08:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Nobody" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

http://www.chainreaction.com/haleakala.htm

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old February 21st 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 20, 4:53*am, wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.

Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
of places please share.

TIA

come to Wellington, NZL
it's (very) sub tropical.
Old February 22nd 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KurganGringioni

"William Asher" wrote in message
: Nobody wrote:
:
: Hi guys,
:
: I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
: if it were in a somewhat tropic
:
: I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
: roads and riding is there.
:
: I guess I'm open to something in any tropical location around the US.
: Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Cancun, Jamaica.
:
: Obviously, there are riding opportunities but if there's anything
: 'special' (as in safe, nice) anyone knows about in one of those types
: of places please share.
:
: The people I know who live in Hawaii say the cycling is great there.
: That's hearsay though, I've never been cycling in Hawaii.
:
: --
: Bill Asher

Dumbass -

In general Hawaii is aweseome. Coastal roads run on gorgeous, verdant
coastline and THE DRIVERS ARE COURTEOUS.

There is a slow pace of life there. People aren't in a hurry.

The exception to the gorgeous coast description might be the Kona Coast on
the Big Island where the TriFreds do their thing. It's mile upon mile of
black lava rock and its windy.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old February 22nd 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"KurganGringioni" wrote:

In general Hawaii is aweseome. Coastal roads run on gorgeous, verdant
coastline and THE DRIVERS ARE COURTEOUS.

The exception to the gorgeous coast description might be the Kona Coast on
the Big Island where the TriFreds do their thing. It's mile upon mile of
black lava rock and its windy.

Dummer junge,

I like this post because it makes triathletes look stupid. Thank you.

Old February 28th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:03:35 -0800, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

"Nobody" wrote in message
.. .
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place to go on a vacation and it would be good
if it were in a somewhat tropic

I'm thinking Bermuda or something like that. I don't know how good the
roads and riding is there.

http://www.chainreaction.com/haleakala.htm

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Thanks Mike. Bermuda is the other direction. ;-p

Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods hizark21 Racing 20 July 29th 08 06:30 AM
Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 December 20th 06 02:49 AM
Speed averages between trail riding and road riding Brian Walker General 5 September 21st 05 12:39 AM
Riding LoomerMBV Mountain Biking 2 June 4th 04 12:10 PM
There's no riding like snow riding... Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 January 3rd 04 04:26 AM