Boy did I just get yelled at

Old October 3rd 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimutant

Default Boy did I just get yelled at

Thanks everyone. This might sound really "out there" to some, but as a
big fan of British naval history (and I'm not even a Brit), I read with
wonder about how mothers in the late 1700's sent their 8-year-olds off
to sea as midshipmen. They faced yellow fever, 100-foot seas crossing
the Horn, and even participated in battle. I'm not saying we should go
that far, but the pendulum has certainly swing too much the opposite
direction in my opinion. These days we have parents demanding padding on
public playground equipment! Coddling will not teach a kid how to
develop common sense and be responsible for their own safety.

--
munimutant
Old October 3rd 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unstable

If her dog had attacked you, she still would have blamed you.

--
unstable
Old October 3rd 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

munimutant;1106685 wrote:
I feel sorry for what your wife has to put up with.

How to make friends and influence people.

--
Mikefule

"Arggh, 'tis the hegemonic nature of ye American Hollywood cultural
imperialism, matey!" JJuggle
Old October 3rd 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kevinalexandersmith

pkittle;1106674 wrote:
My wife teaches 1st and 2nd grade, and has parents like this all the
time. Basically, they're impossible to please.

Heck, I teach high school and have parents like that.

--
kevinalexandersmith

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinAlexanderSmith
Old October 4th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

What ever happened to the good 'ol slap up side the head? If your kid
messes up and instead of teaching them of their mistake, you blame
someone else, what will they grow up like? I can just imagine them
going off to college and then blaming their $10,000 credit card debt on
the company that manufactures the goods that they irresponsibly bought.
Jeeze.

Every lesson I've learned the hard way stays with me, and I'll never
forget them. So let your kids get out and about, and if little billy
happens to touch the stove after being warned not too, his burnt hand
can't be blamed on anyone but himself.

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
Old October 4th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

raising kids that way is not doing them any favors. they need to learn
to take care of themselves. people today are all wusses.

--
catinabag1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old October 4th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimutant

Man I am really impressed with the mature comments made here by young
people. If only all kids were raised like you guys.

--
munimutant