LeMond to Testify Against Landis

Old May 17th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
samson

Default LeMond to Testify Against Landis

"USADA is expected to bring LeMond, a three-time Tour winner, to the
stand later in the day. USADA's witness list says LeMond ''will testify
regarding conversations he had with Respondent and related events.''"

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/spor...s-Hearing.html

Old May 17th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MMan

On May 17, 3:21 pm, samson wrote:
"USADA is expected to bring LeMond, a three-time Tour winner, to the
stand later in the day. USADA's witness list says LeMond ''will testify
regarding conversations he had with Respondent and related events.''"

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/spor...s-Hearing.html

"So, I decided to testify here today even though Nazi frogmen
threatened me with death, because I'm the greatest American cyclist
ever - DID YOU HEAR THAT LANCE YOU CANCEROUS SCUM FAKER?! - now what
was I saying? Oh, yeah, Floyd called me in between violating virgins
and said 'Greg, this testosterone stuff is great, I never heard about
it being a Mennonite and all,' and, well, I hate to betray a great
personal friend like Floyd, I mean I'm practically Mennonite myself,
but, uh, can I get one of those French interpreters in here ...?"

Old May 17th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"MMan" a écrit dans le message de news:
On May 17, 3:21 pm, samson wrote:
"USADA is expected to bring LeMond, a three-time Tour winner, to the
stand later in the day. USADA's witness list says LeMond ''will testify
regarding conversations he had with Respondent and related events.''"

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/spor...s-Hearing.html

"So, I decided to testify here today even though Nazi frogmen
threatened me with death, because I'm the greatest American cyclist
ever - DID YOU HEAR THAT LANCE YOU CANCEROUS SCUM FAKER?! - now what
was I saying? Oh, yeah, Floyd called me in between violating virgins
and said 'Greg, this testosterone stuff is great, I never heard about
it being a Mennonite and all,' and, well, I hate to betray a great
personal friend like Floyd, I mean I'm practically Mennonite myself,
but, uh, can I get one of those French interpreters in here ...?"

The only article I found and agree with is:
Why the Floyd Landis Trial is a Joke

A court is going to decide whether or not Floyd Landis should be stripped of
his Tour de France title because he had excess testosterone in his system or
if the testing procedures used to make that determination were sufficiently
flawed to render them useless. Please notice what the court - in the form of
a jury of Landis' "peers" - is going to try to decide; they will not decide
if he took an improper drug; they will not decide if he took such a drug
knowingly; they will not decide if he was framed by some unholy cabal of
French cycling maniacs who cannot bear to see another American win the Tour
de France. This jury, which I have to believe has been carefully weeded to
assure it has no scientists or medical technologists on it, will make a
determination about something they know absolutely nothing about.

The theory is that because they know nothing about any of this stuff, they
will be objective in their decision-making. The reality is that because they
know nothing about any of this stuff they will be ignorant in their
decision-making. And I can't find a whole lot of dictionaries nor
thesauruses that make "objective" and "ignorant" into synonyms. ....

The anti-doping agencies and sport governing bodies have blundered through
this matter as badly as someone on Dancing With The Stars in clown shoes;
Floyd Landis has had umpteen explanations for how such a bizarre test result
may have happened and all of them fall either into the category of "the dog
ate my homework" or "there's a vast right wing conspiracy out there..."