Coker Discussion Thread

Old January 1st 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Default Coker Discussion Thread

scotthue wrote:
23.5 mph is about (this is pretty close mind you) to 218 rpm, that's
pretty fast, I've only gotten 198 rpm, but ihaven't tried my 89mm's as
it is snowing

the 23.5mph was reached with 125mm's I'm really excited to try my
89mm's.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

that should be exciting, now for some 62mm's

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

or 50mm cranks, order some from miyata or make your own!

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Pazuzu

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
can do with them

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 3rd 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Triball

You gotta be kidding me! We can't let the street thread win by almost 50
pages ahead.

Who here mounts with one hand holding the tire still? I'm wondering how
could that change if I decide to buy a handle?

--
Triball

Pay for you gas or loose your ID
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 3rd 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Triball wrote:
You gotta be kidding me! We can't let the street thread win by almost 50
pages ahead.

Who here mounts with one hand holding the tire still? I'm wondering how
could that change if I decide to buy a handle?

I don't, I am short enough that I have no choice other than to mount
rolling. and when I static mount I tend to be holding onto some object
nearby.

Old January 3rd 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Triball wrote:
You gotta be kidding me! We can't let the street thread win by almost 50
pages ahead.

Who here mounts with one hand holding the tire still? I'm wondering how
could that change if I decide to buy a handle?

I don't - I don't know if I could even reach the tyre and still
balance! I have a handlebar up front now, so that's in the way in any
case.

I usually rollback mount my 36" but this is quite a slow way of getting
up and running and isn't well suited to uneven ground. I'd like to get
in the habit of static mounting in future!

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 3rd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

mark williamson wrote:
I don't - I don't know if I could even reach the tyre and still balance!
I have a handlebar up front now, so that's in the way in any case.

I usually rollback mount my 36" but this is quite a slow way of getting
up and running and isn't well suited to uneven ground. I'd like to get
in the habit of static mounting in future!

try rolling, it gets you going much smoother and faster, at least IMHO

Old January 3rd 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Triball

I tried mounting once without holding the tire and the wheel rolled back
under me, the pedal grabbed my leg and I landed on my arms. Lucky I was
able to catch myself. So, I don't want to do it again :P

Old January 3rd 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

Ducttape wrote:
I don't, I am short enough that I have no choice other than to mount
rolling. and when I static mount I tend to be holding onto some object
nearby.

same here, yah for short people

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 3rd 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Triball wrote:
I tried mounting once without holding the tire and the wheel rolled back
under me, the pedal grabbed my leg and I landed on my arms. Lucky I was
able to catch myself. So, I don't want to do it again :P

rolling mount can solve that... I think...