Which tire?

Old May 17th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

Default Which tire?

OK, I'm looking to get a new tire for my 29er. I'm torn between the
Kenda Claw (29 x 1.95) and the Kenda Nevegal (29 X 2.20). I know alot
of you have tried the Claw and like it. Has anyone tried the Nevegal?
If so, what do you think? Either way, I'm getting something that has
some tread on it. Thanks in advanced for the input.

--
Rubix

Unicycle
Not just for clowns anymore!

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum sack.

Old May 17th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Sorry, the only Kenda tire I've tried is the one that came stock with my
2006 KH29--I'm not sure the model name, but I realized how bad it was
once I switched to a WTB Exiwolf. I, and several others here, really
like our Exiwolfs, but they have relatively small knobbies. If you
want something more rugged and you don't mind the weight, maybe try a
WTB Stout.

Whatever you pick, make sure it doesn't have super thin sidewalls.

--
phlegm
Old May 17th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

I had the kenda klaw XT on my 29er for a while, it was ok but had to be
pumped up hard to prvent it from bottoming out because it was quie low
volume and has very thin walls. this ment that you could feel every
little bump.

Not long ago I switched to the WTB stout which is much better. There
almost uncomparable. The stout is far more grippy in loose and soft
ground and the ride is much much smoother and cusioned. Its got much
thicker side walls and is quite a bit wider and much higher volume. I
am able to run it at a lower pressure with out hitting the rim and it
just rides over evrything like its not there. I think it is quite a bit
heavier than the kenda klaw but Im used to it already and have no
problems. I definatly recomend it, especialy over the Klaw.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

'*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o**m*'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
Old May 17th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

Cool, weight isn't an issue for me. I, myself, am well over 200 lbs
(about 17 stones for you brits). I will look into the other brands
listed here and see what catches my eye. I will mainly use it for
street riding with off-road when I find it.

Charleston also has cobble stone streets. They are a pain to ride down.
I figure something with a little more agressive tread will help me ride
down the street. A big apple just doesn't have what i'm looking for for
this endeavour.

Just saw the stout, I think I'm in love. Gonna get one of those suckers
as soon as I can!!

--
Rubix

Old October 3rd 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but wanted to comment. I've been
on an Exiwolf for probably about a year now. I chose it because I didn't
like how the Nevegal I'd been running only wanted to go in a straight
line on the road. But I have a race this weekend that may be muddy, and
the Exi has almost no knobs, so I put the Nevegal back on. It's a little
heavier (though nowhere near the Stout's weight), but man does it track
nicely. The Exi suffers big time from road creep (or whatever that thing
is where it's a huge pain to ride on roads with crowns). I'd been
putting up with riding with a nasty twist in my body that just
disappeared when I put the Nevegal on. I won't be going back.

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg