cycling news

Old May 2nd 13, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cycling news

New York
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c3yhg95

LA

http://preview.tinyurl.com/dxunqmd
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 2nd 13, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

On Wed, 01 May 2013 18:35:17 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

New York http://preview.tinyurl.com/c3yhg95

LA

http://preview.tinyurl.com/dxunqmd

The motorcyclist appears to have had a bit of target fixation. He had
room and remaining grip for avoidance but just went into oh daaaaaaamn
must brake mode. He could have avoided to the left by a gnats whisker or
gone for a bit of offroad action.

He wasn't to my opinion going hard for speed and glory. He was riding
what most bikers would call a big learner bike. Enough power but not
scary. He wasn't Maybe he was inexperienced in cornering. Motorcycles can
generally get round corners much better than their riders expect.
--
davethedave
Old May 2nd 13, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

mcycle was traveling to fast

my experience on west coast COAST roads and this area is many carry a load of bad vibes with them esp cyclists...BIcyclists...who are best BION approached with a long stick.

M-cyclists esp MTN Cafe are friendly, mentally intact.

shallow but generally accurate. no available diagnosis.
Old May 7th 13, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 5/2/2013 4:05 AM, davethedave wrote:
On Wed, 01 May 2013 18:35:17 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

New York http://preview.tinyurl.com/c3yhg95

LA

http://preview.tinyurl.com/dxunqmd

The motorcyclist appears to have had a bit of target fixation. He had
room and remaining grip for avoidance but just went into oh daaaaaaamn
must brake mode. He could have avoided to the left by a gnats whisker or
gone for a bit of offroad action.

He wasn't to my opinion going hard for speed and glory. He was riding
what most bikers would call a big learner bike. Enough power but not
scary. He wasn't Maybe he was inexperienced in cornering. Motorcycles can
generally get round corners much better than their riders expect.

But if they have not ground peg feelers (or floorboards) in a controlled
environment first, they may panic the first time they do it on the road.

However, the scariest thing I have ridden with two wheels was a BikeE E2
tandem, with about a 1/3-HP stoker. For me, the E2 was very easy to
ride solo, including low-speed tight turns, but with a stoker any
steering movement made the bike want to dive farther into a tightening turn.

Second worst was an Aerocycle, that felt like it was going to go into
self-increasing oscillation wobble (similar to a tank slapper) when
pedaling, and I was already an experienced SWB 'bent rider at the time.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old May 7th 13, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On May 6, 8:33 pm, "T0m $herman"
wrote:
[...]

Scariest bike I ever rode was a mere 250cc Yamaha triple 2-stroke, in
the stock road frame, on a TT dirt track. You had to wind it up to
10,000 rpm to get it on the pipe. But it wasn't like usual winding

up; it would be winding up and suddnely hit the pipe and try to squirt
out from under you with the rear wheel spinning.

(But it was also very much fun... and I didn't even crash)

Old May 7th 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

SAW A MAX POUNDER leaned into the beach on the roll hoop...verrrry impressive ! more Newton.

What's up with Cycling News? ilan[_2_] Racing 1 February 10th 11 01:58 PM
TdF and UK cycling - yesterday on ch4 news Andreas Schulze-Bäing UK 11 July 7th 07 10:17 PM
Cycling News Sandy Racing 8 May 25th 07 06:05 PM
More cycling news Tim Hall UK 18 December 7th 06 12:28 PM
Cycling News RSS Ewoud Dronkert Racing 7 September 28th 06 09:59 PM