OT Flame War

Old October 23rd 04, 02:12 AM
Tom Sherman

James S. Prine wrote:
Yeah, but can Bush II back a BD-1 descendant Grumman into a crowded
hanger with a tow bar?

I have no idea, but I'd like to see him try it. No, that's not true...I *like*
airplanes, and what you suggest would be very tricky for most anyone....

The bonded rivetless skin and slifing canopy are cool, but why couldn't
Grumman use a normal steerable nose gear like everyone else?

There is no real secret to it other than caution, practice, and
remembering to always watch the tail before turing the tow bar.

Recumbents...small aerobatic airplanes...life is good....

Ask Randy Schlitter.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 23rd 04, 03:19 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I will say this for Hitler - he had more courage in his little finger
than
most of the rest of us have in our entire bodies.

Here's a classic Ed Dolan line if I ever saw one

You don't think it took courage to do what Hitler did?

What exactly did he do that took courage?

Old October 23rd 04, 03:33 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I will say this for Hitler - he had more courage in his little finger
than
most of the rest of us have in our entire bodies.

Here's a classic Ed Dolan line if I ever saw one

You don't think it took courage to do what Hitler did?

What exactly did he do that took courage?

He invaded the Soviet Union for one thing. But almost everything Hitler did
took enormous courage.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 23rd 04, 04:37 AM
James S. Prine

What exactly did he do that took courage?

It's historical record that Corporal Adolf Hitler was decorated for valor in
World War I. Of course, his later depredations...speak for themselves.

James S. Prine

"No Moore Lies"

http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Old October 23rd 04, 04:39 AM
James S. Prine

The bonded rivetless skin and slifing canopy are cool, but why couldn't
Grumman use a normal steerable nose gear like everyone else?

Who can say? I've been chastised by "real" pilots who claimed that all "real"
airplanes were equipped with tail-wheels and only ham-fisted morons required
brakes.

Old October 23rd 04, 05:02 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

What exactly did he do that took courage?

He invaded the Soviet Union for one thing. But almost everything Hitler

did
took enormous courage.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

You really are a moron

Old October 23rd 04, 06:35 AM
Edward Dolan

"James S. Prine" wrote in message
What exactly did he do that took courage?

It's historical record that Corporal Adolf Hitler was decorated for valor
in
World War I. Of course, his later depredations...speak for themselves.

But that is not to say that we cannot separate out certain characteristics
such as valor and courage regardless of how we evaluate the person and his
leadership overall. Hitler was of course one of the most evil persons who
ever lived, as was Stalin and the entire communist leadership everywhere in
the world that prevailed all during the Cold War. But none of them would
have been such fearsome enemies if they had been cowards, But that they
clearly were not.

It is the same with the Muslim terrorists that we are presently having to
deal with. They are fearsome enemies because they have no fear of death.
That is one definition of courage that is pretty universal. How willing are
you and I to face certain death? Let us hope we never have to answer that
question in a real live situation.

All of Hitler's aggressions took courage. The Allies also produced
leadership which more than rose to the challenge and was equally courageous.
This is not to equate in any way Hitler with the Allies, but I believe in
giving the Devil his due. Speaking of the Devil, did He not also show great
courage in opposing God?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 23rd 04, 08:45 AM
Mark Leuck

"Group Moderator" wrote in message

Mike Said:
Pardon Leuck, he thinks with the little head between his legs.
Leuck wins the assclown award for THREE months in a row.

Crawl back into your cave Mike, RLB isn't here

Old October 23rd 04, 08:51 AM
James S. Prine

But that is not to say that we cannot separate out certain characteristics
such as valor and courage regardless of how we evaluate the person and his
leadership overall. Hitler was of course one of the most evil persons who
ever lived,

Agreed. My research shows that Hitler was awarded six medals for bravery in
World War I. Even then, he was a pain in the ass and very difficult to get
along with; most of his comrades shunned him.

How willing are
you and I to face certain death?

Hell...I used to be married. Near the end of my second marriage, I *welcomed*
death, but was cheated out of it by circumstances beyond my control g.

Old October 24th 04, 02:11 AM
Group Moderator

Subject: OT Flame War
From: "Mark Leuck"
Date: 10/23/2004 3:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Mike Said:
Pardon Leuck, he thinks with the little head between his legs.
Leuck wins the assclown award for THREE months in a row.

Crawl back into your cave Mike, RLB isn't here

Mike Said:
Maybe he is not here but you are and thats just as bad as him.
BELOW ME Modem Head

My Muni and Bedford flame stickers! joe Unicycling 12 December 7th 03 02:34 PM
A flame! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 November 6th 03 02:33 PM
Noob question (so flame me) Ewoud Dronkert Racing 3 September 12th 03 09:35 PM