America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Old January 9th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

I don't have an "act" really at all, since I don't do tricks per se, and
so I don't know what I could do (in the studio) other than drops, gaps,
hop up stairs and roll hop off a set--if they even have that kind of
stuff readily available.

I mentioned all this to the guy from AGT, but he said he watched some
of my videos, and that together with me being a lot "older" than most
who ride the more extreme forms of unicycling, that I should definitely
audition. Maybe they could set up some kind of a "trials" obstacle
course for me. It probably wouldn't need to be too elaborate. I'll give
it my best shot.

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old January 9th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

I think the real problem with all those mainstream sports is the posers.
Unicycling, being hard to learn, will attract no posers.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 9th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167192 wrote:
I think unicycling going mainstream would suck cause you see how
commercial and movie-star-ish all these other sports have gotten.

I'm going to kick someone in the eyeball if a unicyclist gets sponsored
by Nike or Coke or something.

It would be a really good thing if a unicyclist got sponsored by a big
shoe company or something like that. I would like it if everyone was
already exposed to unicycling so then they maybe they wouldn't always
think its amazing.

But anyway, I'm probably going to audition with Cody. I think we could
put something cool together.

--
Spencer Hochberg
Old January 9th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni man 22

if any of you guys make it on the show you have to keep us updated and
tells when your gonna be on the show and all of that jazz
and maby even do a video documentry thing of your experiance
thats assuming that somone makes it though

--
uni man 22

unicyle for Crist

super poll
http://www.misterpoll.com/568933725.html
Old January 9th 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

My main problem with big sponsorships is that in my not so humble
opinion, they make unicycling sell-out.
I'm not saying that it makes unicycling less fun or anything.

I just have a loathing for big companies and I would be saddened to see
unicycling get caught up in that stuff.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-So hot! If I was gay, id want an aryan guy, but im not, so I
want a sexy aryan girl.-~Jerrick

-what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to see
him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni

-hinunggbinu!!!-
~JJtheunicycle
Old January 9th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167300 wrote:
I just have a loathing for big companies and I would be saddened to see
unicycling get caught up in that stuff.

Where does a company cross the line to being "big"? In other words,
should size be a reason to dislike a company? There are good companies
that are big. What do you have against Lego, for instance? That's the
most trusted brand in the world, supposedly.

And should I warn Dan Heaton to watch out for you?

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old January 9th 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I'm not sure what to think about Dan and Shaun. I'm really happy that
they could get the sponsorships and those are gonna really help them out
finacially.

But, I really hate how sports become one huge commercial. It's
obscene.
A company gets big when it starts to leach off of it's employees and
such... haha, I'm in a good mood and I don't want to talk about corrupt
business executives.

But just for the record, I don't think sponsorships work.
Just cause Dan Heaton wear Columbia now, I'm not gonna start buying
their gear. It's still a silly, over-priced sportswear company to me.
I'm fine with my four year old windbreaker I got at Goodwill.

Old January 10th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

EliB;1167220 wrote:
I think the real problem with all those mainstream sports is the posers.
Unicycling, being hard to learn, will attract no posers.

A point I have been making for a long time. Sports generally hate their
posers, especially skaters. They can give a bad name to the sport with
their bad attitudes. However without them unicyclists may keep a
generally mild mannered perception in the public eye that knows about
us. But to get more attention and to become as popular (not that we do
or dont want to) as bmx or skateboarding we have to have those kids who
can barely hop down a 2 stair who all want to wear bedford shirts and
hang out on their unis tryin to act cool like us . But with like said,
with the difficulty in just learning to ride a unicycle we arent exatcly
realing in the posers...

--
Unicaw89

0 9 T o r k e r f o r p r e s i d e n t !
CODY [/b]FREAKING* WILLIAMS
'[b]DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!*' (http://www.vimeo.com/824231)
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! ' (http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com' (renegadejuggling.com)
Old January 10th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167326 wrote:

But just for the record, I don't think sponsorships work.
Just cause Dan Heaton wear Columbia now, I'm not gonna start buying
their gear. It's still a silly, over-priced sportswear company to me.
I'm fine with my four year old windbreaker I got at Goodwill.

I'm pretty sure that the companies who spend billions on advertising
know more about what works than you do.

--
tholub
Old January 10th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Unicaw89;1167766 wrote:
A point I have been making for a long time. Sports generally hate their
posers, especially skaters. They can give a bad name to the sport with
their bad attitudes. However without them unicyclists may keep a
generally mild mannered perception in the public eye that knows about
us. But to get more attention and to become as popular (not that we do
or dont want to) as bmx or skateboarding we have to have those kids who
can barely hop down a 2 stair who all want to wear bedford shirts and
hang out on their unis tryin to act cool like us . But with like said,
with the difficulty in just learning to ride a unicycle we arent exatcly
realing in the posers...

Exactly.

--
EliB