Colorado: new bicycle bill passes

Old March 1st 05, 02:16 PM
jj

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 05:20:56 GMT, "mark" wrote:

"Zoot Katz" wrote ,
,
wrote:

I frequently signal right turns. I figure it just lubricates the
traffic machinery, so to speak. In particular, I'll _always_ signal my
right turn if there's a motorist sitting at the right stop sign, who
could get out sooner if he knew I was turning. Why not help him out?

And I like the right arm signal, especially in that situation.

\snip

Yep, and a head signal encourages them and helps get the message
across. It does expedite matters and drivers seem to appreciate it.
--
zk

Sounds like I need to reconsider my position on right turn signals.

I thought I read that you can omit a signal if it's unsafe to remove both
hands from the h/b.

jj

Old March 1st 05, 03:03 PM
John Everett

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:10:40 -0500, "Ken Marcet"
wrote:

Forget about new laws for cyclist. How about harsher punishment for all the
drivers of motor vehicles who endanger / hurt / kill bike riders! Like
mandatory prison time for any accident involving a cyclist!

You know where Ken is coming from when you read drivel like this.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old March 2nd 05, 07:20 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Rich writes:
mark wrote:

I've always felt that I
was better off letting other vehicle operators think I was going straight
through an intersection.

That's rude. Why hold the vehicle operator's up when it's unnecessary?

Noting Mark was referring to right turn signals, maybe
this is one such situation:

you're riding on a street that crosses the T of a T
intersection where you want to turn right. An oncoming
driver simultaneously wants to turn left onto the same
narrow street. By your not signaling, the driver assumes
you're going straight through and holds-off making his left
turn where he might otherwise crowd you as you make your turn.
This pessimistically (or perhaps instinctively) assumes the
driver would not respect your ROW if you signalled.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.