One wheel down

Old January 30th 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

Default One wheel down

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:28:00 -0800, steveyo
wrote:

"Slack" wrote:

For the record, I used to be a pretty hardcore road and MTBer.
...Now I ride road and mountain unicycles.
Today I rode a 6 mile snowy trail ride in 15 degree weather
with my dog Ruthie....
All I can say is try it, it's REALLY fun and an incredible workout.

Do you have children?

What a thoughtful question. Yes, two.

I thought it was.

Compare a comfy, soft uni seat where I sit straight up, to a long-nosed
bike
seat on which you actually lean forward. In both cases, with a big
drop, we
put our weight on the pedals, not the seat right? Or do you not ride
drops
on your bike?

Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

Do you have children?
--
steveyo

No, never... I don't have the balls.
--
Slack
Old January 30th 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
steveyo

"Slack" wrote:
wrote:

...do you not ride drops on your bike?

Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

Heh, heh.

Do you have children?

No, never... I don't have the balls.

That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.

--
steveyo

Old January 30th 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

steveyo wrote:
"Slack" wrote:

wrote:

...do you not ride drops on your bike?

Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

Heh, heh.

Do you have children?

No, never... I don't have the balls.

That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.

--
steveyo

There's always machetes...

Matt
Old January 31st 07, 06:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:27:01 -0800, steveyo
wrote:

"Slack" wrote:
wrote:

...do you not ride drops on your bike?

Nothing over curb height and even then I walk it down some of the larger
curbs because I always scrape my bottom bracket on them.

Heh, heh.

Do you have children?

No, never... I don't have the balls.

That's why I don't juggle on my unicycle - I don't have the balls.

--
steveyo

And speaking of juggling. Homeboy is pretty funny
http://jasongarfield.com/video/promo.html
--
Slack
Old February 1st 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

On Jan 29, 12:46 pm, cc wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

I have met Kris Holm on several occasions, he is definitely one of the
coolest guys in the bike biz, the godfather of mountain uni.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old February 1st 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
steveyo

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
I have met Kris Holm on several occasions, he is definitely one of the
coolest guys in the bike biz, the godfather of mountain uni.

Preach it, Carla!

Old February 5th 07, 02:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Craig Brossman

cc wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mFxHN5Yks

I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.

Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
ride it through the summer. Look for me on the practice loop in Moab in
fall ... on one wheel.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.
Old February 5th 07, 07:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
steveyo

"Craig Brossman" wrote:

I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.

Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
ride it through the summer.

Great job, Craig. You're hooked, I can tell! The weightless feeling of
riding a uni is intense and addictive. Check out www.unicyclist.com for all
the advice and discussion on the subject you could possibly need.

--
steveyo

Old February 6th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Craig Brossman

steveyo wrote:
"Craig Brossman" wrote:
I started my Muni experience this past weekend. Well, I started riding
off the bike path and onto the grass, and for a unicyclist whose been
riding 5 weeks now, that is enough.

Unicycling is so much fun it should be illegal. It will not replace long
mountain bike rides in SW Colorado, but I imagine I will continue to
ride it through the summer.

Great job, Craig. You're hooked, I can tell! The weightless feeling of
riding a uni is intense and addictive. Check out www.unicyclist.com for all
the advice and discussion on the subject you could possibly need.

--
steveyo

I am hooked, thanks Steve.
I read that forum all the time, but have not had anything worthwhile to add.