Which one to buy

Old December 28th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
McNerdius[_2_]

Default Which one to buy

cbs;1159612 wrote:
so whats so bad about the cx? i have one to learn on. i got it for
$40, thats why. will it make riding it harder or just break easier?

well from what i hear, it's worth about $40

I've heard that the seats are akin to bricks, and the overall build
quality is lower than the LX. So a bit harder to learn (seat) and a bit
of "break-quicker."

But hell... $40... not too shabby.

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy' (mcnerdius.blogspot.com)
Old December 28th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cbs

McNerdius;1159618 wrote:
well from what i hear, it's worth about $40

I've heard that the seats are akin to bricks, and the overall build
quality is lower than the LX. So a bit harder to learn (seat) and a bit
of "break-quicker."

But hell... $40... not too shabby.

hahaha well i wanted something super cheap so first i can prove to
myself i can ride the dang thing, and learn enough to know what i need
when i start doing things. i am looking at a trials bike, but i could
be more into flat, different frames. i just hope it lasts long enough
to figure out which uni is worth the money. of course if all i can do
it ride it down the road, it will last awhile lol.

so seats just uncomfy or is there some issue that makes it hard just to
ride it? i agree, the seat isnt comfy.

--
cbs
Old December 29th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

I learned on a Sun 20". I bought a Torker LX 24" the week after i
started learning everything and it has been an excellent uni for me to
learn on. I recommend the LX for sure. 20" was pretty nice to learn on,
but the 24" is a nice compromise between speed and weight - for me, at
least.

They don't have any 24" LX's on amazon at the moment (i got mine on
amazon for $110 + $8 shipping). However, 96 bucks seems like a pretty
good deal for the 20".

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 29th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
McNerdius[_2_]

*cough* 24isthedevilforlearningimo *cough*