Cycle club out on a run comes home one short

Old April 24th 12, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cycle club out on a run comes home one short

I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...r-24042012.htm

Old April 24th 12, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 11:45*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...killed-in-coll...

Are you an idiot? Do you really think anyone has ever claimed that
riding as part of a group makes you immune to being run over?

Go wave your shroud somewhere else.
Old April 24th 12, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:45 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...killed-in-coll...

Are you an idiot? Do you really think anyone has ever claimed that
riding as part of a group makes you immune to being run over?

Go wave your shroud somewhere else.

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

Old April 24th 12, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 1:46*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . *Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.
Old April 24th 12, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:46 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries
of 'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.

My fear was that cyclists would believe it, and their road sense would
decrease further.

Old April 24th 12, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:45:39 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...r-24042012.htm

Do you know - was it a race?
Old April 24th 12, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...r-24042012.htm

Do you know - was it a race?

Possibly.
She was riding with others from her cycle club, next Sunday they are
starting early so they can have a remembrance first.

She is the 26th to die so far this year.

Old April 24th 12, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 24/04/2012 14:20, PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:46 pm, wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

That's almost exactly what we have been told...

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.

But you are a cyclists - so nobody gives a toss about your opinion
University
Old April 24th 12, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...r-24042012.htm

Do you know - was it a race?

Possibly.
She was riding with others from her cycle club, next Sunday they are
starting early so they can have a remembrance first.

That's nice isn't it.

My thoughts are with her family

Old April 24th 12, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Hastings cyclists to go Dutch with twin town exchange

QUOTE:
Members of a community-based cycling group in Hastings have invited their
counterparts from twin town Dordrecht in the Netherlands to come to East
Sussex on an exchange visit to build links between cyclists in the two
countries, reports the Hastings & St Leonards Observer.

The initiative, devised by Hastings Urban Bikes (HUB), will see 15 cyclists
from DTC De Mol stay in Hastings between Friday 4 May and Monday 7 May, with
a series of rides and social events planned, including a barbecue on the
beach.

A reciprocal visit is planned either for Autumn 2012 or Spring 2013, giving
HUB members a chance to see for themselves the provision for cyclists that
riders in Dordrecht enjoy, and which could then form the focus of
campaigning efforts in Hastings and St Leonards.

http://road.cc/content/news/57085-ha...-town-exchange

--
Simon Mason

Creating a new cycle club Oaf UK 76 November 19th 07 05:38 PM
School Cycle Maintenance Club (again) Tony B UK 7 February 3rd 07 06:17 PM
School Cycle Maintenance Club??? Tony B UK 5 February 3rd 07 06:15 PM
What a lovely cycle home i had last night! Lee UK 3 March 31st 04 03:49 PM
Cycle Club Lee UK 13 November 6th 03 10:34 AM