Cyclists are Victims of the Law of the Jungle

Old February 7th 05, 05:10 AM
Dennis P. Harris

Default Cyclists are Victims of the Law of the Jungle

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:45:06 -0800 in rec.bicycles.misc, "greggery
peccary" .@. wrote:

i have seen many close calls (head-ons) when people
must pass me-sometimes i even have to jump onto the sidewalk.

just hold the lane. if they want to pass when it's unsafe, it's
the cagers' problem. the law requires them to wait UNTIL IT IS
SAFE TO PASS.

Old February 7th 05, 05:17 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:45:38 -0600 in rec.bicycles.misc, Tim
McNamara wrote:

Are you just continuing to troll, or are you really that oblivious to
your faulty thinking?

scott's nothing but a troll, and should be in everyone's
killfile.

Old February 7th 05, 08:26 PM
b_baka

peccary" .@. wrote:

i have seen many close calls (head-ons) when people
must pass me-sometimes i even have to jump onto the sidewalk.

just hold the lane. if they want to pass when it's unsafe, it's
the cagers' problem. the law requires them to wait UNTIL IT IS
SAFE TO PASS.

So you are telling him to hold the lane until he gets hit? The law is
not going to re-assemble your body. The law will slap the driver of the
car on the wrist, but even that is not a guarantee. I like to be right,
but not DEAD right, as someone else has mentioned.
Bill Baka
Old February 8th 05, 05:47 AM
greggery peccary

"Honey F." wrote in message

"greggery peccary" .@. wrote in message

"Zinc Toast" wrote in message

"greggery peccary" @.@ wrote in message

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message
Having smelled the scent of people feeding on troll bait ("bike

light
ticket" - cross-posted to bicycle and nascar groups), the deranged
spaniard dangles his line in the waters and .......

.... He gets a hit. What is it? The flashy lure? Some people just

can
not resist that troll bait.

Come on. Wise up.

There *is* a pattern here. About once a month. The same old thing.

lol. i didnt see the auto groups. haha a-fish, a-fish, a-fish,

a-fishy,
ooooh

Fish Head. Moron. Stupidnagle. Bike lane lover.

yar. eat my shorts fat *******

It's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen.

I've come across decomposed bodies that are less offensive than you are.

I've had many cases of love that were just infatuation, but this hate I

feel
for you is the real thing.

I've hated your looks from the start they gave me.

I've only got one nerve left, and you're getting on it.

I've seen people like you, but I had to pay admission!

Judging by the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's
practically invulnerable.

Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

Keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested.

Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control!

Converse with any plankton lately?

Diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.

Did the mental hospital test too many drugs on you today?

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid?

Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home?

Did your parents have any children that lived?

Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you'd had enough oxygen at
birth?

Do you have to leave so soon? I was about to poison the tea.

Do you want do die stupid?

Do you want me to accept you as you are or do you want me to like you?

Doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know
the meaning of most words.

Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent!

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.

Don't mind him. He has a soft heart and a head to match.

Don't thank me for insulting you. It was my pleasure.

Don't think, it may sprain your brain!

Don't you have a terribly empty feeling ---- in your skull?

Don't you love nature, despite what it did to you?

Don't you need a license to be that ugly?

Don't you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world

already
without your working so hard to give us another?

Ever since I saw you in your family tree I've wanted to cut it down.

Every girl has the right to be ugly, but you abused the privilege.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner.

Excellent time to become a missing person.

Fat? You're not fat, you're just ... fat.

For two cents I'd give you a piece of my mind - and all of yours.

Forgot to pay his brain bill.

Go ahead, tell them everything you know. It'll only take 10 seconds.

Go fart peas at the moon !!

Grasp your ears firmly and remove your head from your ass.

Has reached rock bottom and shows signs of starting to dig.

Has the IQ of lint.

lol, very sweet...you forgot asshat!

Old February 8th 05, 04:50 PM
Jim Yanik

Scott en Aztlán wrote in
:

On 7 Feb 2005 19:19:17 -0800, "donquijote1954"
wrote:

I'm sorry, I haven't made myself clear. I agree that cyclists ought to
follow the rules of the road, as ought pedestrians and motorcyclists,
truck drivers, etc. But to focus efforts on bicyclists is
discriminatory.
They don't break laws any more frequently than anyone else

What a biased and self-serving perception.

Everybody knows that pedalcyclists "cheat" at red lights and stop
signs if they think they can get away with it. We see this every
single day. To claim pedalcyclists don't break traffic laws any more
frequently than automobile drivers is ludicrous.

I can pick any intersection, set up a video camera, and count how many
cars run through a red light vs. how many pedalcyclists run a red
light. Hell, YOU pick the intersection; the results will be the same -
and you know it.

I wonder if RedLight Cameras will record cyclists running red lights?
This would be reason enough for them having to have bicycle registration
and license plates.
They ARE supposed to follow all the rules of the road.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Five cyclists cleared Marty Wallace Australia 2 July 3rd 04 11:15 PM
red lights wobbles UK 224 June 5th 04 03:56 PM
"Japan cracks down on 'killer' cyclists." D. Telegraph, 7.4.2004 Scott Leckey UK 42 April 13th 04 09:18 PM
Risk Homeostasis - Drivers and Cyclists Robert Haston Recumbent Biking 50 December 12th 03 04:56 PM
Aren't bicycles suposed to stop at stop signs? Ken General 85 September 22nd 03 11:22 PM