First race of the season...

Old April 10th 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default First race of the season...

....and beaten by about a foot in the final sprint after two hours :-(

Still, this time last year I was lapped twice in the equivalent fixture,
so clearly a winter of grovelling over the Downs, Cotswolds, etc. must
have done /some/ good.

External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative.
Old April 10th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
t...
...and beaten by about a foot in the final sprint after two hours :-(

Still, this time last year I was lapped twice in the equivalent fixture,
so clearly a winter of grovelling over the Downs, Cotswolds, etc. must
have done /some/ good.

Hey! Second is *good* in a race!! And you've improved dramatically since
last season by the sound of it.

Cheers, helen s

Old April 10th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
et...
...and beaten by about a foot in the final sprint after two hours :-(

Still, this time last year I was lapped twice in the equivalent fixture,
so clearly a winter of grovelling over the Downs, Cotswolds, etc. must
have done /some/ good.

Hey! Second is *good* in a race!! And you've improved dramatically since
last season by the sound of it.

But second can also be nowhere. I was "watching" the text coverage of
The Hell of the North yesterday on
http://www.letour.fr/2006/PRX/LIVE/us/100/depeches.html , and Boonen
ended up getting second but he was aiming to win. It seems Hoste, Van
Petegem and Gusev were disqualified for not stopping for red ;-)