Pearl Izumi Microsensor 3D Bib Shorts

Old November 21st 04, 05:29 AM
Jason Parkes

Default Pearl Izumi Microsensor 3D Bib Shorts

Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I tried a
pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price of 320 dollars
is a bit offputting.

Old November 21st 04, 08:00 AM
DRS

"Jason Parkes" wrote in message

Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I
tried a pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price
of 320 dollars is a bit offputting.

What sort of a wuss quibbles over paying $320 for a bit of black lycra and a
little padding?

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 21st 04, 08:44 AM
hippy

"Jason Parkes" wrote in message
Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I tried a
pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price of 320 dollars
is a bit offputting.

I wanted to get a pair of these.. they get good reviews..
I heard they were expensive.. but 320 freaking dollars!!!
Fark.. they better last 5 years for that price!

hippy

Old November 21st 04, 09:17 AM
fred_kneeman

Jason Parkes wrote:
Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I tried a
pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price of 320 dollars
is a bit offputting.

Out of interest, where did you see them? They've been like hens' teeth
for years.

I saw knicks and bibs in a bike shop (name escapes me) in Auburn Road,
Hathorn, Melbourne, Victoria. I think the knicks were about $ 270 or
so. They looked absolutely gorgeous, an orange and other colours!
chamois, and yards of seriously cool-looking silver double-stitching up
the wazoo (literally!).

Having worn PI knicks (bought my first pair at OD BOX [sic] in
Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya) a while back before the just seemed to
disapper from the market, I know they are super-comfy and super
long-lasting. But $ 320 for bibs? Super-offputting, and then some.

But imagine wearing 'em... how cool would you feel? ;-)

f_n

Old November 21st 04, 09:25 AM
flyingdutch

hippy Wrote:

I wanted to get a pair of these.. they get good reviews..
I heard they were expensive.. but 320 freaking dollars!!!
Fark.. they better last 5 years for that price!

hippy

and self-wash after every ride and you bike too!

and bring beer and remote..

--
flyingdutch

Old November 21st 04, 09:27 AM
hippy

"fred_kneeman" wrote
Jason Parkes wrote:
Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I tried

pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price of 320

dollars
is a bit offputting.

I saw knicks and bibs in a bike shop (name escapes me) in Auburn Road,
Hathorn, Melbourne, Victoria. I think the knicks were about $ 270 or
so. They looked absolutely gorgeous, an orange and other colours!
chamois, and yards of seriously cool-looking silver double-stitching up
the wazoo (literally!).

http://www.bikelife.com.au/ ??

hippy

Old November 21st 04, 10:02 AM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
hippy Wrote:

I wanted to get a pair of these.. they get good reviews..
I heard they were expensive.. but 320 freaking dollars!!!
Fark.. they better last 5 years for that price!

hippy

and self-wash after every ride and you bike too!

and bring beer and remote...

And massage your private bits...

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 21st 04, 10:22 AM
hippy

"DRS" wrote
"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
hippy Wrote:

I wanted to get a pair of these.. they get good reviews..
I heard they were expensive.. but 320 freaking dollars!!!
Fark.. they better last 5 years for that price!

hippy

and self-wash after every ride and you bike too!

and bring beer and remote...

And massage your private bits...

Oh.. well... only $320.. two pairs please.

dirty ol' hippy

Old November 21st 04, 10:25 AM
Parbs

"hippy" wrote in message ...
"Jason Parkes" wrote in message
Anyone ever tried these shorts and what do they think of them. I tried a
pair on today and thought they wernt too bad, but the price of 320 dollars
is a bit offputting.

I wanted to get a pair of these.. they get good reviews..
I heard they were expensive.. but 320 freaking dollars!!!
Fark.. they better last 5 years for that price!

hippy

For $320 perhaps you could get someone to make a pair of customarsed shorts for you.

Parbs

Old November 22nd 04, 07:44 AM
Jason Parkes

Fred,

I ended up buying them today from the Bike Shed (Phillip ACT) and with my
discount got them for 280 dollars. I think this store (and their sister
stores in ACT) has only just started selling them in the last month or so.
They are the same ones as you described below. So far they seem pretty
comfortable, but i only did a short 50km ride today (just to try them) , so
i havnt given them a good work out yet.

Now i have to buy a Pearl Izumi Jersey to go with them.

Jason
More money than Sense!

..