Used Rock Shox

Old August 11th 03, 07:17 PM
Dinsdale

Default Used Rock Shox

I'm considering installing a pair of used Rock Shox on an older Rockhoper,
compliments of Recycled Cycles in Seattle.

Is there anything to be aware of when buying a used suspension fork, such as
these? Do they require maintenance, replacement parts, or do they just
plain wear out?

No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Old August 12th 03, 01:18 AM
Slacker

"Dinsdale" wrote in message
I'm considering installing a pair of used Rock Shox on an older Rockhoper,
compliments of Recycled Cycles in Seattle.

Is there anything to be aware of when buying a used suspension fork, such

as
these? Do they require maintenance, replacement parts, or do they just
plain wear out?

No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Well, not to worry....Rock Slops come worn out right out of the box.
--
Slacker

Old August 12th 03, 01:27 AM
voodoo

"Slacker" wrote in message
"Dinsdale" wrote in message
I'm considering installing a pair of used Rock Shox on an older

Rockhoper,
compliments of Recycled Cycles in Seattle.

Is there anything to be aware of when buying a used suspension fork,

such
as
these? Do they require maintenance, replacement parts, or do they just
plain wear out?

No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Well, not to worry....Rock Slops come worn out right out of the box.

Does this mean there's no break-in period?

Old August 12th 03, 02:48 AM
voodoo

"Slacker" wrote in message
I'm considering installing a pair of used Rock Shox on an older

Rockhoper,
compliments of Recycled Cycles in Seattle.

Is there anything to be aware of when buying a used suspension fork,

such
as
these? Do they require maintenance, replacement parts, or do they

just
plain wear out?

No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Well, not to worry....Rock Slops come worn out right out of the box.

Does this mean there's no break-in period?

Oh, I can insure you, there most certainly will be a *brake in period.
Usually followed by catching some mean air!

But I bought a new SID Team a couple weeks ago. I don't ride off cliffs or
anything. I'm not a hammer either. It will hold up for cross country riding,
right?

Old August 12th 03, 02:53 AM
Slacker

No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Well, not to worry....Rock Slops come worn out right out of the box.

Does this mean there's no break-in period?

Oh, I can insure you, there most certainly will be a *brake in period.
Usually followed by catching some mean air!

But I bought a new SID Team a couple weeks ago. I don't ride off cliffs or
anything. I'm not a hammer either. It will hold up for cross country

riding,
right?

You have health insurance, right?
--
Slacker

Old August 12th 03, 03:09 AM
Slacker

But I bought a new SID Team a couple weeks ago. I don't ride off
cliffs
or
anything. I'm not a hammer either. It will hold up for cross country

riding,
right?

You have health insurance, right?

Not at the moment, why?!

That's a pity. Oh well, hopefully you ride/live near one of those teaching
hospitals.
--
Slacker

Old August 12th 03, 03:12 AM
Mark Hainsworth

i have been running rock shox indy xc's on my hammer race for a long time
now..the only problem that i have had was i cracked my arch about a year
after getting them but i just had them warrenty it.....i ride them pretty
hard --- 3-4' drops on them

but thats just my opinion

mark

---ride on---ride hard---

Old August 12th 03, 03:30 AM
mjm

"voodoo" wrote in message
news

"Slacker" wrote in message
No sense in installing something that's already worn out.

Thanks!

Well, not to worry....Rock Slops come worn out right out of the

box.

Does this mean there's no break-in period?

Oh, I can insure you, there most certainly will be a *brake in

period.
Usually followed by catching some mean air!

But I bought a new SID Team a couple weeks ago. I don't ride off

cliffs
or
anything. I'm not a hammer either. It will hold up for cross country

riding,
right?

You have health insurance, right?

Not at the moment, why?!

I;ve had a set of Mag21's for 6 years now, and it took a Toyota minivan to
finally break them. I put them through quite a bit with 2-3' drops and
other punishment.. never had anything break on them.

Old August 12th 03, 03:36 AM
voodoo

"Mark Hainsworth" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
i have been running rock shox indy xc's on my hammer race for a long time
now..the only problem that i have had was i cracked my arch about a year
after getting them but i just had them warrenty it.....i ride them pretty
hard --- 3-4' drops on them

but thats just my opinion

I ran a Judy XC for three years, and never had a problem. Of course it was
well maintained. Not sure about this new fork though. Does not look as easy
to work on.

Old August 12th 03, 04:44 AM
Slacker

You have health insurance, right?

Not at the moment, why?!

That's a pity. Oh well, hopefully you ride/live near one of those

teaching
hospitals.

The trail is in fact very close to one, but what do you suggest I do to
avoid their services?

Not a damn thing; you need to get out and meet some new friends anyway.
--
Slacker