Was I right to blow my top?

Old March 9th 04, 01:36 PM
Gawnsoft

Default Was I right to blow my top?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:08:08 -0000, "Colin Blackburn"
wrote (more or less):

I was turning left and so I didn't signal
because of the road surface.

Errr... how does this work?
Cheers,
Euan
Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr
Old March 9th 04, 01:52 PM
Colin Blackburn

wrote (more or less):

I was turning left and so I didn't signal
because of the road surface.

Errr... how does this work?

Er, easily. I decided that keeping both hands on the bars was more in my
interests than signalling and that not signalling di not put anyone else
in danger. There are many circumstances under which I choose not to signal
for my own safety, this is one of them. Do you *always* signal?

Colin
Old March 9th 04, 03:56 PM
Gawnsoft

wrote (more or less):

I was turning left and so I didn't signal
because of the road surface.

Errr... how does this work?

Er, easily. I decided that keeping both hands on the bars was more in my
interests than signalling and that not signalling di not put anyone else
in danger. There are many circumstances under which I choose not to signal
for my own safety, this is one of them. Do you *always* signal?

Woops sorry - I read the earlier post as you also being in a car, for
a some weird reason.

Mind you, AFAICT I always signal when there are other road users
about.

Old March 9th 04, 04:09 PM
Peter Clinch

Gawnsoft wrote:

Mind you, AFAICT I always signal when there are other road users
about.

Usually I do too. But there are exceptions, often to do with steep
hills where use of the brakes is rather more necessary than waving to
other people that I'm about to turn left when it won't really affect
what they do one way or the other.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old March 10th 04, 09:55 PM
Dave Kahn

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:39:34 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I am so accustomed to people pulling in when only halfway past that I
always cover the brakes anyway :-)

I had a huge artic pull in on me today. I'm sure he thought he was
past but he was actually only about half way through the overtake. If
I hadn't braked he would have smeared me all over the kerb. I was
still on a slight high at the time from having been given a chocolate
button by one of a group of girls I had stopped for at a zebra
crossing. :-)

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain
Old March 10th 04, 10:03 PM
Simonb

"Dave Kahn" wrote in message
I was
still on a slight high at the time from having been given a chocolate
button by one of a group of girls I had stopped for at a zebra
crossing. :-)

On a high from the chocolate?

Simon

Old March 10th 04, 10:15 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:55:30 +0000, Dave Kahn
wrote in message :

I had a huge artic pull in on me today. I'm sure he thought he was
past but he was actually only about half way through the overtake.

Nasty.

--
Guy
===

Old March 10th 04, 11:21 PM
Dave Kahn

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:03:36 -0000, "Simonb"
wrote:

"Dave Kahn" wrote in message
.. .
I was
still on a slight high at the time from having been given a chocolate
button by one of a group of girls I had stopped for at a zebra
crossing. :-)

On a high from the chocolate?

On a high from the friendly banter and the girly giggles. :-)