Ding Dong The Witch is Dead: Part 1 of a long upcoming series

Old October 29th 05, 06:08 PM
bernmart

Default Ding Dong The Witch is Dead: Part 1 of a long upcoming series

Yeah, kind of. New enough to expect that forums will have some
connection to what they say they're about. I also believe that an
exchange of rants does not constitute a serious discussion, nor an
opportunity for one. Mind you, as exchanges of rants go, this one has
been pretty upscale, proving that cyclists are cool folks.

But still, I come to this list for information and enlightenment about
bikes. If I want to blow off steam, I either go for a ride, or make a
point of being nice to my wife.

Old October 29th 05, 07:02 PM
Mark Hickey

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:27:11 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

Well, what we have seen is that when the shoe is on the other foot,
the rules change.

During the Clinton scandal, the Dems thought it was horrible that a
special prosecutor would expand an investigation to charges beyond the
original focus. They thought lying under oath was a pardonable
offense, and indeed prudent, and that removal from office shouldn't be
a consequence. They also thought it was horrible that some would
pre-judge the indicted party before all the facts were known or the
tiral was held.

The democrats are hypocrites too? Oh no! What a shock! *Swoon*.

Sorry - hope I didn't ruin your faith in polititians... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old October 29th 05, 09:39 PM
41

Nuck 'n Futz wrote:
Art Harris wrote:
41 wrote:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1028051plame1.html

Beware of guys that use a first initial and middle name.

I. Lewis Libby
E. Howard Hunt
G. Gordon Liddy

W. Je fferson Clinton

Exactly the point— he never used that appellation. This is not about
people who happen to have a first, last, and middle name, i.e. almost
everybody.

Try L. Ron Hubbard instead.∑

Old October 29th 05, 09:51 PM
41

bernmart wrote:
Guys, I share in most of the sentiments expressed here. Plenty of
blame to go around about the Iraq war. But I don't think this is an
appropriate subject for what is, after all, a bike forum.

No, if you look at question #19 of the Bush quiz, you'll see that it's
actually on-topic. In any case, it's all follow through to the thread
"On Bush and his crashes".

Now those were the days.

Old October 29th 05, 10:05 PM
Ron Ruff

Mark Hickey wrote:

So the question is - when Clinton said that Iraq had WMD and must be
dealt with, was he lying?

Yes, most certainly. The propaganda to invade and occupy Iraq began
during Clinton's term (actually before). The term "WMD" when applied to
Iraq was always a gross exaggeration (mustard gas = nuclear bombs =
biological weapons?), and as we've seen, even the mustard gas was no
longer there.

We should not be looking for truth by contrasting democrats to
republicans... or assume that they are following different agendas.

Old October 29th 05, 11:33 PM
41

From the newswires:

"Libby's case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton,
nominated by Bush in 2001."

Hey BS, are you going to call for his recusal?

Old October 29th 05, 11:48 PM
Michael Press

In article
. com,
"41" wrote:

41 wrote:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1028051plame1.html

The indictment makes great reading. For one thing, it gives a partial
answer to the interesting question, "Who ratted out Scooter Libby?"
That answer seems to be, not just a few reporters, but in fact, almost
everybody: Rove, Fleischer, several CIA officials, and several
officials in Cheney's office- and finally, Cheney himself. It seems
likely that Cheney ratted out Libby, because he seems to be the only
other witness besides Libby to the fact that Cheney told Libby of
Valerie Wilson's identity; and furthermore, because if he hadn't, then
Cheney too ought to have been charged today.

Libby faces 30 years in a federal penitentiary. Libby was too cowardly
and too smart to serve his country in the military as a young man:
http://www.nhgazette.com/news/chickenhawks/chickenhawk_headquarters/
Is he willing to risk spending the rest of his natural life as a sexual
slave of some drug dealer in a federal penitentiary? Did he suddenly,
in his old age, become that brave and that stupid? Or will he decide to
save his sorry ass, and instead rat out those who ratted him out? Time
will tell.

My current impression, subject to change as the matter progesses,
`Libby takes one for the team'.

--
Michael Press
Old October 30th 05, 01:43 AM
Bill Sornson

Ron Ruff wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

So the question is - when Clinton said that Iraq had WMD and must be
dealt with, was he lying?

Yes, most certainly. The propaganda to invade and occupy Iraq began
during Clinton's term (actually before). The term "WMD" when applied
to Iraq was always a gross exaggeration (mustard gas = nuclear bombs =
biological weapons?), and as we've seen, even the mustard gas was no
longer there.

We should not be looking for truth by contrasting democrats to
republicans... or assume that they are following different agendas.

And the Brits and the Russians...???

Old October 30th 05, 01:46 AM
Bill Sornson

41 (the anonymous Kool-aid drinker) wrote:

From the newswires:

"Libby's case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton,
nominated by Bush in 2001."

Hey BS, are you going to call for his recusal?

First word is that he's a major hard-ass...so sure!

Old October 30th 05, 01:28 AM
Ron Ruff

Bill Sornson wrote:

And the Brits and the Russians...???