long neck?

Old November 20th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
streetcycalist

Default long neck?

I'm wondering what the advantage is (if there is one) over having a
longneck frame. I'm looking to get a kris holm 20" but im not sure to go
for the long neck frame or not.

--
streetcycalist
Old November 20th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

The primary reason for a longneck frame is that it puts the seat clamp
up out of the way so it won't get caught on your pants or smack you in
the knees while doing tricks. Right now my right knee is telling me I
shoulda bought one, lol. It also looks kinda cool.....

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old November 20th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

streetcycalist;1134060 wrote:
I'm wondering what the advantage is (if there is one) over having a
longneck frame. I'm looking to get a kris holm 20" but im not sure to go
for the long neck frame or not.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74216

this thread was on page one in the product reviews section.

is the best way to find information.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old November 20th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

OneWheelLess;1134065 wrote:
The primary reason for a longneck frame is that it puts the seat clamp
up out of the way so it won't get caught on your pants or smack you in
the knees while doing tricks. Right now my right knee is telling me I
shoulda bought one, lol. It also looks kinda cool.....

So you have had problems with the seat clamp...I have had NONE at
all...I wonder why this is... What trick attempts usually cause this and
what type of riding do you do?

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street and Trials
Old November 20th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

It's lighter when you run a cromo post, as you can cut it down. There is
no downside, so for the same price I would get it which I did, and I
love mine.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old November 20th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
streetcycalist

ok thanks guys, but i saw the kris holm 20" on bike island but i couldnt
find the long neck frame one on there, im not sure if its that they dont
have it or my lack of skill with computers again. Considering they have
the cheapest price on this uni besides used ones, if they dont have the
long neck one then ill just settle for the short neck one because i dont
wana pay an extra $100 on a different site just for that frame.

--
streetcycalist
Old November 20th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I always feel like a longneck frame will snap easier than a regular
frame. But Kris increased the thickness at that connection, so it should
be fine.

--
Jerrick

'*50$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa)[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old November 20th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Jerrick;1134179 wrote:
I always feel like a longneck frame will snap easier than a regular
frame. But Kris increased the thickness at that connection, so it should
be fine.

Why would a longneck frame snap easier?

I don't think it will. I guess the neck of the frame has a bigger
chance of snapping but not at the weld spot.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

BillyTheMountain for President.
Old November 20th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Yeah, if it were to stap i would think it would be near the seatpost
clamp area.

Depending on how long the seatpost is on this inside.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *
Old November 20th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

SHAY_CAM;1134248 wrote:
Yeah, if it were to stap i would think it would be near the seatpost
clamp area.

Now, why would you think that? The neck is effectively
double-thickness near the seatpost clamp, due to the seat post being
inside the neck at that point.

Furthermore, the axis of rotation for any forces applied to the seat
would be where the neck meets the frame, just above the tire.

'There is' (http://tinyurl.com/6nbklq) 'much'
(http://tinyurl.com/65m226) 'evidence' (http://tinyurl.com/5hepvf) 'that
illustrates' (http://tinyurl.com/6qtb5u) 'this phenomenon'
(http://tinyurl.com/6fdxoh), and not much, if any, that supports your
claim.

So, can you explain your theory? There may be some merit to it, after
all...

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire