Who wants the anybody to speak at all?

Old August 31st 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Duane Hebert[_2_]

Default Who wants the anybody to speak at all?

"Michael Press" wrote in message ...

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example) that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what the cricket was for but ...

Old August 31st 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Michael Press

In article ,
"Duane Hebert" wrote:

"Michael Press" wrote in message ...

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example) that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what the cricket was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

--
Michael Press
Old August 31st 10, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 8/31/2010 1:13 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
"Duane wrote:

"Michael wrote in message ...

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example) that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what thecricket was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

So you (Michael Press) disagree with Mr. Jute who claims I am lying by
alleging he wrote "crickets" when he did not. Thanks for the clarification.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old September 1st 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Aug 31, 11:36*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 8/31/2010 1:13 PM, Michael Press wrote:

In ,
* "Duane *wrote:

"Michael *wrote in ...

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. *Saying so with a note inside angle brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use *for quotes (Quebec French for example) that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what thecricket *was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

So you (Michael Press) disagree with Mr. Jute who claims I am lying by
alleging he wrote "crickets" when he did not. *Thanks for the clarification.

What the devil? You're not very good at weaseling, are you, Sherman?
Just like you aren't any good at anything. Clearly you haven't got it
yet. We're hanging you for both the lamb and the sheep you tried
overambitiously to steal. You're guilty as sin and the smart thing
would have been to retract and apologize when your crimes were first
exposed, not carry on weaseling incompetently with transparent lies
and smoke from other incompetents like Weiner.

Unsigned out of contempt

Old September 1st 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Duane Hebert" wrote:

"Michael Press" wrote in message

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally
considered good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note
inside angle brackets is AFAIK the way that this has been done
politely for ever. Although some languages use for quotes
(Quebec French for example) that's not usually how it's done in
newsgroups.

Not sure what the cricket was for but ...

It's a cliche.

--
That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo.
Old September 1st 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Duane Hebert

"Duane Hebert" wrote:

"Michael Press" wrote in message

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally
considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle
brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example)
that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what the cricket was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

Ok. I misunderstood then.

Old September 1st 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Press

"Duane wrote:

"Michael wrote in message ...

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example) that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what thecricket was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

So you (Michael Press) disagree with Mr. Jute who claims I am lying by
alleging he wrote "crickets" when he did not. Thanks for the clarification.

I am not disagreeing with Mr. Jute because I am not
sure what he is saying.

--
Michael Press
Old September 1st 10, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Michael Press

"Duane Hebert" wrote:

"Michael Press" wrote in message

snip
It is very simple. Do not change text that you are quoting.

Snipping out the text that is not relevant to the reply if normally
considered
good as it reduces bandwidth. Saying so with a note inside angle
brackets
is AFAIK the way that this has been done politely for ever.
Although some languages use for quotes (Quebec French for example)
that's
not usually how it's done in newsgroups.

Not sure what the cricket was for but ...

I am not discussing the "cricket" in angle brackets.
Putting the indicator (snip) in your own text space as you did
is the best way. I am talking about the problems that arise
when someone puts the indicator inside the quoted text.

Ok. I misunderstood then.

That's all right.

--
Michael Press
Old September 1st 10, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Kevan Smith[_2_]

On 8/31/10 10:23 PM, Michael Press wrote:
I am not disagreeing with Mr. Jute because I am not
sure what he is saying.

I'm not sure he does, either.

I don't speak much Dutch but heather Racing 54 April 15th 10 07:25 AM
Do you speak to RLJ's? spindrift UK 18 April 21st 06 02:54 PM
Who Will Speak Next? IMKen Racing 0 September 6th 05 04:15 AM
Who Will Speak Next? Jim Flom Racing 3 September 6th 05 03:01 AM
LA sightings (so to speak) Veloise General 11 July 16th 05 10:33 PM