Advert for cycle facilities

Old July 7th 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman

Default Advert for cycle facilities

On the local radio this morning I heard an advert by Denbighshire
County Council about cycling. It was in the style of public service
announcement reminding drivers that cyclists can be difficult to see
even in daylight hours and that "if you are a cyclist, make use of
cycle routes as they can/will make your trip much safer".

As I was half asleep I don't recall the exact wording but I don't find
their facilities particularly safer than those in other places. They
seem to have spent rather a lot of money on lanes which aren't much
use to an experienced cyclist (e.g. on the footway around roundabouts
with drop kerbs to cross each road) but I wouldn't call them farcical
so I think they're trying to get more people onto them to justify
their expenditure!

pete