Cold setting rear triangle in steel bike

Old July 18th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cold setting rear triangle in steel bike

Title says it all...How do I cold set the rear spacing on a Reynolds
531 road frame with original Shimano 600 6-speed cog so that it fits a
9-speed Shimano Ultegra cog?

Old July 19th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jul 18, 1:55 pm, wrote:
Title says it all...How do I cold set the rear spacing on a Reynolds
531 road frame with original Shimano 600 6-speed cog so that it fits a
9-speed Shimano Ultegra cog?

BB out, BB shell into vice..measure rear triangle alignment..if
perfect, gently persuade each dropout 2mm(assuming it's 126, want
130mm)..check alignment of dropouts with appropriate dropout tool,
check rear triangle alignment again, done.

Old July 19th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
BB out, BB shell into vice..measure rear triangle alignment..if
perfect, gently persuade each dropout 2mm(assuming it's 126, want
130mm)..check alignment of dropouts with appropriate dropout tool,
check rear triangle alignment again, done.

Would I enjoy this job more with vice instead of a bench vise?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old July 19th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Luigi de Guzman

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:57:40 -0500, A Muzi wrote:

Would I enjoy this job more with vice instead of a bench vise?

certainly not. Virtue is its own reward.

--
Luigi de Guzman
http://ouij.livejournal.com
Old July 19th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:57:40 -0500, A Muzi wrote:

Would I enjoy this job more with vice instead of a bench vise?

certainly not. Virtue is its own reward.

So is chastity.

Old bike, bolt-on rear triangle Default User Racing 6 April 27th 06 09:52 AM
Old bike, bolt-on rear triangle Default User Australia 7 April 26th 06 09:07 AM
Old bike, bolt-on rear triangle Default User Techniques 5 April 25th 06 11:17 PM
cold setting 135 mm rear end down to 130 mm Boris Foelsch Techniques 6 April 22nd 05 01:39 AM
chroming the rear triangle of an already painted/finished bike? w.a. manning Techniques 13 October 26th 04 07:04 PM