An Inconvenient Truth

Old September 3rd 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default On-Topic: Wingnuts

On 9/2/2010 9:08 AM, landotter wrote:
[...] right wingnuts[...]

Back in the days of the "ancients" [1], did the wingnuts holding the
wheels on have right-hand threads, or did the ones on the non-drive side
have left-hand threads?

[1] A Brandtism.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old September 3rd 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default An Inconvenient Truth

On Sep 2, 4:17*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:39:02 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

Maxine the RBT hermaphrodite wrote:
Last I checked, climate change is only controversial
amongst retards like yourself

"Climate change", eh? So what happened to Global Warming, eh, Maxine?
Your previous fraudulent religion, you know, Maxine? Or did even you
finally catch on that its high priests disgraced themselves by faking
it up?

Andre Jute
Global Warming is like Scientology, only with less science

Using the term Global Warming meant having to explain to stupid people
why cold snaps happened. "Wow, I'm freezing my ass off, so much for
Global Warming". Were you one of those?

Climate change is somewhat more general but a better description. As
we all learned in school, well, almost all, heat is energy. So, as the
oceans and air warm from year to year, there is more energy in the
system. That means more extreme events, hotter hots, colder colds,
windier winds.

I didn't think that anyone was still arguing that the earth isn't
getting hotter. I thought the argument was that it's normal cyclical
stuff rather than human caused. Whether it's actually getting hotter
is fairly easy to find from temperature records, and it certainly
appears to be occurring. The hottest years in the last 100 or so in my
neck of the woods have all been in the last decade.

And I am firmly in the camp of those who believe that human activity
is a major cause. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone can think
otherwise. I look at what we've done, as our population closes in on
seven BILLION, and can't understand people thinking that we don't have
an impact.

There are more people alive today, at one time, than in all of
recorded history up until 1930 or so. Nah, no impact. Left wing folks
wanting to steal our corporate profits I guess.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...tdown_of_the_c...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...w-temperatures...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...odays-inconven...

http://biggovernment.com/skruiser/20...-manager-earns...

BS (enuff for now)

Breitbart? Breitbart? The proven liar + other wingnutty sources? You
sir are a brainwashed moron.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201001270038

I might lean slightly left politically--but when it comes to science,
I'm an empiricist. Just because Huffpo publishes articles on quack
science mixed in with real journalism, doesn't me believing junk.

Think, you retard.
Old September 3rd 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 9/2/2010 2:59 PM, Bill Sornson wrote:
[...]
Right off the top of my head, I can think of quite a few recent cases
where the elites fell all over themselves praying -- make that hoping --
that whackjobs in the news were right wingers.[...]

Dick Cheney et al are left-wing???

Look at the protests at WTO, immigration and almost all other liberal
pet causes. Violent.[...]

Yes, violence started by the police, sometimes dressed as protesters.

The left has been in power since 2006,

2008???

and the country's gone in the
toilet. Their way's been tried and one more time proven not only to not
work, but be destructive to the very middle class they purport to
support. They've lost, and they're ****ed.

Tough ****. Suck it up and get out of the way.

If you think Obama and the majority of Democrats are left-wing, you
really are deluded.

Old September 3rd 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 9/2/2010 12:57 PM, dgk ? wrote:
[...]
And I am firmly in the camp of those who believe that human activity
is a major cause. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone can think
otherwise.[...]

See
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/subhumans2213/KoolAidManShotgun.gif
[1] for the answer.

[1] For André Jute and Michael Press, this is NOT a quote of previously
posted text.

Old September 3rd 10, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Jobst Brandt wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Back in the days of the "ancients" [1], did the wing-nuts

Stop trying so hard to be amusing. *You just look stupid

Jobst Brandt

Oh, Liddell Tommi gets my vote as the RBT Clown. That doesn't mean
he's amusing, of course, merely that he's an objectionable sideshow,
like those British "comedians" on the Northern Circuit whose stock-in-
trade is whining, bullying minorities, chauvinism, sexism, racism,
ageism, ismism. Liddell Tommi is a right Lout's Laddie. Stoooopid goes
with that territory.

Andre Jute
Connoisseur
Old September 3rd 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

The same Breitbart who offered $10,000 to anyone who could prove the
baseless accusations of racial taunts ("n-word 15 times") and spitting on a
Congressman (and hero of the Civil Rights movement) against protesters
outside the Capitol when ObamaCare was railroaded through.

When no one came forward despite the hundreds if not thousands of video and
cellphone cameras recording the event close-up, he increased the award to
$100,000.00. It's still out there.

Bill "typical pathetic tactic: attack the source and/or the messenger and
not the issue(s)" S.

Old September 3rd 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Jobst Brandt wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...] right wingnuts[...]

Back in the days of the "ancients" [1], did the wing-nuts holding the
wheels on have right-hand threads, or did the ones on the non-drive
side have left-hand threads?
[1] A Brandtism.

Tom, consider the reason for left hand threads... a rotating load on
threads. *Bicycle wheels have only vertical and occasional lateral
braking loads (in line with travel), neither of which induce the
threaded axle by precession, and that is why we have safely ridden
axles with hex-nuts, wing-nuts, and quick release skewers for more than
a century without unscrewing failures as pedals and BB cups have.

Stop trying so hard to be amusing. *You just look stupid with such
questions.

Perfect form for both of y'all. 10 our of 10. You are doing our
humble newsgroup proud. Keep up the good work.

Chalo

Old September 3rd 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Sep 2, 7:19*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
[...]

The Obama executive branch is centrist corporatist and fairly
pragmatic. Not my favorite blend, but not something that's terribly
frightening.

Of course, right wing authoritarians can't exist without an enemy,
even if it's a mythical straw man such as Obama as a communist Muslim
Black Panther.

http://cognitive-psychology.suite101...thoritarianism

Old September 7th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
dgk

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:17:22 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...hVr6DY H6A4uJ

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-ocenside.html

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...-jay-lee-died/

http://biggovernment.com/skruiser/20...tive-campaign/

BS (enuff for now)

Here is what the InterAcademy Council actually said:

"The process used by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to
produce its periodic assessment reports has been successful overall."

That doesn't sound much like the articles you linked to.

Old September 7th 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_6_]

"dgk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:17:22 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Shocking.

BTW, in 2008 Al Gore urged young people to "engage in civil disobedience"
over environmental issues. Guess Lee listened to him.

No one can find Gore for comment, of course; he's "on vacation" (no doubt
assaulting another masseuse). Wonder how he travelled to his destination --
private jet? Wonder how he's getting around while there -- the reviled SUV?
Unless he never leaves his "happy ending" hotel room, that is...

BS (hypocrisy called yet again)

An Inconvenient Truth William Asher Rides 1 June 19th 06 10:08 AM
An Inconvenient Truth di General 0 June 17th 06 09:55 PM
An Inconvenient Truth William Asher Rides 0 June 12th 06 08:28 PM
An Inconvenient Truth Zoot Katz Rides 5 June 11th 06 04:41 PM
An Inconvenient Truth Werehatrack General 0 June 10th 06 07:28 AM