Fitment question

Old September 9th 04, 05:58 PM
the black rose

Zoot Katz wrote:
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:37:36 GMT,
,
the black rose wrote:

And nope, I can't ride without hands, never been able to. I wish I
could, but at my age, I have no idea how to learn.

Steer with your root chakra.

Uh huh. *nods sagely*

*whisper* Whaddidhesay?

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids.
the black rose
Old September 9th 04, 08:03 PM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:58:18 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

And nope, I can't ride without hands, never been able to. I wish I
could, but at my age, I have no idea how to learn.

Steer with your root chakra.

Uh huh. *nods sagely*

*whisper* Whaddidhesay?

That's left coast lotusland jargon referring to an area approximating
your center of gravity. Kundalini yoga says it's:

The Muladhara, First or Root Chakra, is located at the base of the
spine, at the perineum. The name means support, or foundation.

It is associated, in the body with the large intestine, feet and legs,
with the element earth, and with the colors red and maroon.

Human Challenge and Gift - to feel safe and secure in the physical
plane, to manifest to meet our basic needs.

Soul Desire - to feel nurtured and nourished, to experience belonging
to the whole.

Primal Relationship - with physical reality, the Earth, natural
forces, body, feeling sensations.

http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/chakra1.html
--
zk
Old September 10th 04, 12:32 AM
Claire Petersky

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:58:18 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

[...]

It corresponds to Malkut, "Kingdom", the bottom-most sefirah on the Tree of
Life, located in the same part of the body. It is the channel for the
energies of the other sefirot -- it transmits them into the physical world.
Like the root chakra, the sefirah of Malkut corresponds to the base of the
spine, the feet and the legs, and with the chanted vowel "oo". It also has
do with physical reality and the earth. Etc.

The Tree of Life clearly has a relationship to the Chakra system, as you can
easily correspond the seven levels of the ten sefirot to the seven chakras.
However, I don't know which one preceded which, and anything about their
mutual history and development.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old September 10th 04, 12:54 AM
the black rose

Claire Petersky wrote:
"Zoot Katz" wrote in message

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:58:18 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

[...]

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protestor
the black rose
Old September 10th 04, 02:42 AM
S o r n i

the black rose wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:
"Zoot Katz" wrote in message

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:58:18 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

[...]

It's got something to do with playing with yourself.

Bill "spiritual simplifier" S.

Old September 10th 04, 02:50 AM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!
--
zk
Old September 10th 04, 04:53 AM
Eric S. Sande

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

Me too, it's about four to six inches behind your belly button.

And forget that perineum crap. That's a whole other part.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old September 10th 04, 05:28 PM
the black rose

Zoot Katz wrote:
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!

That's a cheap shot.

There are very good reasons for my reaction. I'm not about to explain
them on a public forum.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester
the black rose
Old September 10th 04, 05:34 PM
Muttley

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:28:11 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!

That's a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. You were rather rude about someone else culture.

There are very good reasons for my reaction. I'm not about to explain
them on a public forum.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have made disparaging comments in the first place.

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Question for group Thomas Mairs Racing 18 July 25th 03 06:36 AM
Sorry, another stem question Techniques 1 July 10th 03 01:18 AM