Fitment question

Old September 10th 04, 06:55 PM
Muttley

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:35:17 -0400, Badger_South wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:34:21 GMT, (Muttley) wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:28:11 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!

That's a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. You were rather rude about someone else culture.

There are very good reasons for my reaction. I'm not about to explain
them on a public forum.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have made disparaging comments in the first place.

That's a stretch, given the humourous tone of KM's reply. In addition she
added a 'sorry' at the end.

"That Badger_South guy has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry."

The "sorry" doesn't really remove the insult, does it.

I wouldn't have commented myself, but blackrose had the nerve to complain at
someone else's joke (and that one *was* reasonably funny).

Why don't we move along back to biking. ;-)

Good idea.

Why do I always get numb hands if I cycle against a strong wind.

Leaning harder on the 'bars, I suppose.

Old September 10th 04, 07:37 PM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:28:11 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!

That's a cheap shot.

There are very good reasons for my reaction. I'm not about to explain
them on a public forum.

Now I'm confused. What day is this?

Gregorian: Friday, 10 September 2004

Julian: 28 August 2004

Mayan: Long count = 12.19.11.10.16; tzolkin = 9 Cib; haab = 19 Mol

French: 25 Fructidor an 212 de la Révolution

Islamic: 25 Rajab 1425

Hebrew: 24 Elul 5764

Persian: 20 Sahrivar 1383

Ethiopic: 5 Paguem 1996

Coptic: 5 al-Nasi 1720

Chinese: Cycle 78, year 21 (Jia-Shen), month 7 (Ren-Shen), day 26
(Ren-Chen)

Without mentioning Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist, Baha'i, Wiccan, etc.
or my favourite. . .
Discordian: Pungenday, Bureaucracy 34, Year of Our Lady of Discord
3170

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ocrt_hp.htm
--
zk
Old September 10th 04, 07:51 PM
Zeppo

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

Boy, that guy getting nailed to the cross and coming back to life again must
have *really* freaked you out!!!

Old September 11th 04, 01:09 AM
the black rose

Badger_South wrote:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:34:21 GMT, (Muttley) wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:28:11 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:54:22 GMT,
, the black rose
wrote:

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

I know what ya mean.
All of those cults and cultures with their own calendars are weird.
Creeps me out thinking that every day is a holiday for somebody else!

That's a cheap shot.

No it wasn't. You were rather rude about someone else culture.

There are very good reasons for my reaction. I'm not about to explain
them on a public forum.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have made disparaging comments in the first place.

That's a stretch, given the humourous tone of KM's reply. In addition she
added a 'sorry' at the end.

I'm glad *someone* got it.

It has nothing to do with culture. I have an intense interest in
culture and language, I read National Geographic and various
anthropology and archeology magazines cover-to-cover every month, yada yada.

I get the screaming willies at anything that smacks of mysticism.
Anything. Even Roman Catholics doing Fatima devotions give me the
shudders, and my own father was a French Canadian Roman Catholic. It's
a big stretch to claim that my personal reaction to mysticism is some
kind of disparaging statement. That's like claiming my distaste for
spicy food means I don't like Mexican culture.

It. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Culture.

Nothing.

Why don't we move along back to biking. ;-)

Yes, let's.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester
the black rose
Old September 11th 04, 01:43 AM
Claire Petersky

"the black rose" wrote in message

Okay, now I wish I hadn't asked. *shudder* All that eastern mystical
stuff has always given me the screaming heebie-jeebies, sorry.

The Tree of Life ain't Eastern, although it is mystical.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Question for group Thomas Mairs Racing 18 July 25th 03 06:36 AM
Sorry, another stem question Techniques 1 July 10th 03 01:18 AM