New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

Old January 14th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
utemplarbond

Default New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

I spotted this the other day 'HERE' (http://divideby1.blogspot.com/)
I would love to follow another trip online, she is waaaay cool.
For those who didn't follow the X country trip, check the link at the
bottom of her page.

--
utemplarbond
Old January 14th 09, 07:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
FlyByTire

Wow, that's sounds ambitious. If anyone can do it, she can. However,
carrying all that gear sounds like a huge challenge.

Thanks for the link. I followed her cross-country adventure two years
ago, and I've met people who actually spotted her on her way across the
U.S.

-Aaron

--
FlyByTire

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
Old January 14th 09, 07:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Dang, I'm jealous; I've wanted to do this trip, but haven't had time to
put it together. Go Gracie!

--
tholub
Old January 14th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

She was talking about doing that trip a while ago (7 months ago maybe),
I didn't know she was going to put it all together so soon. It looks
like she will be carrying all her own gear too. Great Divide via
unicycle carrying your own gear = tough! Good luck to Gracie, it will
be fun to read the blog.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name
Old January 14th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

I wonder what kind of unicycle she will use? Parts of the trail aren't
suitable for a Coker. A 29er maybe? A geared 24 or 29er would make
more sense.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
Old January 14th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

john_childs;1170315 wrote:
I wonder what kind of unicycle she will use? Parts of the trail aren't
suitable for a Coker. A 29er maybe? A geared 24 or 29er would make
more sense.

She is going to use her KH29er (according to the website)

Old January 14th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

I cannot imagine carrying all that gear while riding a unicycle. Her
gear list is suitable for backpacking (hiking) and it does not include
food. She will be riding with at least 40 to 50 pounds of gear, water
and food. Sounds painful.

Gracie came through Memphis on her cross-country trip. She stayed over
a couple days to rest. The Memphis Unicycle Club hosted a backyard
cookout for her so we got to meet her and hear about her adventure.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old January 14th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

When Gracie came through Colorado I happened upon her on her Hoosier
Pass descent. First time I had ever seen a Coker or a 36" wheel. It
inspired me to check out the unicycle community again.

I see she's coming through Silverthorn again...might have to join her
for a few miles!

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old January 14th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

I hope she's gonna wear shoes this time.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.