newbie advice

Old January 12th 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
riptheuni

Default newbie advice

whats up, Im new to the site and unicycling. Ive only been riding for a
week now, everyday and i have some problems. Whats the comfyiest seat
you guys know of? My inner thighs hurt after 20mins of riding.(I have
the worst seat ever) Also this might seem weird but everytime I try to
free mount i sit on my balls and they get crushed. This is preventing me
from learning this becuase it hurts everytime so I avoid trying it. Do
you guys know how i can prevent this?

thanks

--
riptheuni
Old January 12th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Two things:

2. Hit the search function hard, there are plenty of posts on your
topic.

Kurt

--
zogola
Old January 12th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

riptheuni;1169103 wrote:
whats up, Im new to the site and unicycling. Ive only been riding for a
week now, everyday and i have some problems. Whats the comfiest seat you
guys know of? My inner thighs hurt after 20mins of riding.(I have the
worst seat ever) Also this might seem weird but everytime I try to free
mount i sit on my balls and they get crushed. This is preventing me from
learning this because it hurts everytime so I avoid trying it. Do you
guys know how i can prevent this?

thanks

Hawo Ripster, my name is Harry. *Check your PM.*

*1)* I think a *'KH Designed Saddle' (http://tinyurl.com/a2c9mh)* might
be a good seat for you. As this is the cheapest one to buy and of good
quality as well.
*2) **'This might help you.'
(http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/freemount.html)*
*3) *I think you should learn to sit forward on the seat and follow
Number 2 as well.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*
Old January 12th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

The comfiest seat off the shelf right now is probably the KH Fusion
Freeride but I prefer something like the Nimbus Hightop with about half
the foam removed and custom shaped to fit me.

To avoid sitting on your balls bring the seat too far back when you
first get on then use the front of your seat to sort of scoop them out
of the way when you sit down. Either that or use compression shorts.

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 13th 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
natosha

I find that the Nimbus Gel Saddle combined with Gel-Padded Bike Shorts
got rid of all my soreness.

I don't have the same anatomy as you, so I can't comment on the
squishing problem.

Good luck and have fun.

--
natosha
Old January 14th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tumbles

I had a similar problem learning to free mount, try to sit forward more
on the seat. Also as you are starting hold the seat in its "sitting"
position from the start and then let go only after your weight is on it
(so that it doesn't shift). Your legs will get used to the seat too, its
nothing like a traditional bike seat, but after a few hours its all
good. Good Luck!

--
tumbles
Old January 14th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
riptheuni

As i started to ride more i realized that my right foot is alot more
dominate than my left. I use my right foot more to go forward and the
left to slow down and keep the wheel under me. This causes me to
ride/lean to the left most of the time. When i go up and down my street
im always on the left side of the road. Ive gotton better tho, i can
free mount 90 percent of the time and when i dont its because i sit on
my balls and i try to adjust and fall. Also my seat looks like its bent
to the left a little which i think cause me to lean to the left as well
but ive only been ridding for a week and a half so what do i kno...
What do you think is the problem?

--
riptheuni
Old January 14th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

Regarding seats, I have a KH Fusion Street and a Nimbus Gel, I find the
Nimbus to be more comfortable. I now have a Carbon Fibre base on it
along with a KH Fusion cover, and it feels better than before.

Regarding the accidental sitting on of balls, you will in time learn
ways around the that. You could try lowering the seat a little, and
adjusting yourself as you ride along.

Try to use both legs to regulate your speed, rather than one leg for
braking and the other for acceleration. Again though, this will come
with time.

--
Fraggle

F.

Newbie advice Simon Sharwood Australia 20 April 24th 07 06:50 AM
Newbie looking for advice in UK Kahuna Mountain Biking 7 October 27th 06 10:38 PM
Newbie would like some advice Vince Unicycling 4 July 20th 06 12:19 AM
Newbie advice dbp_1999 Unicycling 5 August 12th 04 04:09 PM
Newbie Advice Bill Wheeler Mountain Biking 8 August 17th 03 09:01 PM