Trials

Old January 7th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tomahawk

Default Trials

I'm not trying to "dis" and trials riders or anything, but I just don't
think of trials as actually unicycling. I mean, you don't pedal, you
just jump up and down on the unicycle. You might as well have a pogo
stick, it has a much better bounce. Any comments on this? Again, I'm
not trying to be mean or anything, please don't get upset if you
disagree.

--
Tomahawk

Coconuts kill around 150 people every year. Falling from a height of 80
feet, they can build up an impact speed of 50 mph.
Tomahawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13442

Old January 7th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dunawan

trials is freaking fun dude...and just because you bounce around doesnt
mean you cant roll around its just a different type of unicycling and
honestly do you find it fun to just roll around on the sidewalk, i find
that quite boring unless your attempting to ride long distace

--
dunawan

psalm 51
dunawan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13582

Old January 7th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tomahawk

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I actually enjoy a little bit of trials
myself, but I find it pretty boring to watch some of the videos on this
forum where the whole video is just jumping and nothing else. If you're
ONLY going to jump, you might as well get a pogo stick (which is what I
did before I got a unicycle)

Old January 7th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dunawan

oh yes ofcourse...if your just gonna stand in one place and jump thats
no fun. and i used to pogo myself too my record of jumps is 959 without
falling off

Old January 7th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

dunawan wrote:
oh yes ofcourse...if your just gonna stand in one place and jump thats
no fun. and i used to pogo myself too my record of jumps is 959 without
falling off

I think that's why I like street; it seems to be more "flowy" and
natural IMO. But I'm impressed with all styles and appreciate them all.

--
MuniAddict

"There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

"They all float down here"

Old January 7th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
benjaug

I have become interested by rolling trials recently, but its different
from street in the way that trials is not so much for show or video,
but for knowing that you can do something technical, or knowing that
you are able to get over that obsticle. I see it as almost more
personal.

--
benjaug

'My wicked awesome gallery' (www.youtube.com/user/benjaug)
unidude3 (at) yahoo (dot) com
benjaug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11229

Old January 7th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bottle

I understand where your coming from, but think: why don't bikers just
get a pogo stick too? Hell, why even use a pogo stick when we can all
do parkour or street running? Why even do that when you can just stick
to walking the paths?

It's because we enjoy the challenge. A pogo stick is much easier to
jump high and far on, but doing it on a unicycle takes alot more
thinking/balance/strength (in my opinion). For example, you want to
jump across a line of rocks. A pogo-ist (whatever you call them) would
simply bounce across, while a trials unicyclist would plan how he would
land/where he will land on the rock/what the easiest path would be, and
so on. I also do it because its unique, and you can do it almost
anywhere you go.

--
Bottle

Cement hurts. Alot.
Bottle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13181

Old January 7th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
csuko

Tomahawk wrote:
Yeah I hear what you're saying. I actually enjoy a little bit of trials
myself, but I find it pretty boring to watch some of the videos on this
forum where the whole video is just jumping and nothing else. If you're
ONLY going to jump, you might as well get a pogo stick (which is what I
did before I got a unicycle)

It's not all jumping, trails riders do skinnies which can look very
impressive and be a great crowd pleaser too.

--
csuko
csuko's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12939

Old January 7th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

i am in concurrance (sp?) with the first post.

--
iridemymuni

[signature too long to be displayed]
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old January 7th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Tomahawk wrote:
I just don't think of trials as actually unicycling... Any comments on
this?

I just don't think your thread contributes anything to the unicycling
community.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx