Garmin Forerunner 205/305 quick release kit

Old August 24th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

Default Garmin Forerunner 205/305 quick release kit

I was considering the Forerunner 205 to track my distance riding...I
went to REI and tried one on. It feels huge on my wrist. For shorter
distances, it would probably be OK.

Then I saw this quick release kit :

http://blog.motionbased.com/2007/01/...nner_2053.html

It allows the Forerunner to be mounted like a bike computer (which
would be nicer for longer rides), and easily moved back to a wrist
mount. The kit comes with a Velcro strap for the watch, which would
make it easier to take on and off.

Has anyone tried on of these quick release kits? If so, how do you like
it?

Thanks,
Tom

--
tomkarches
Old August 24th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

tomkarches wrote:
Has anyone tried on of these quick release kits? If so, how do you like
it?

My father uses it, he like it alot! He never had problem so far.

EDIT: Should have read the complete post, before posting myself. I mean
he like the GPS thingy, not the velcro strap, he never tried it.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old August 25th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I too use the legend in the pocket of my backpack.

It's great.

The only problem I have with it is that not all of the GPS programmes
on my laptop will recognise it. For example, on my present laptop I
can't get memory map to uploap or download anything onto it (although
it did on my old laptop), however easy GPS and geocaching.com can load
stuff to and from it. Drives me mad!

--
cathwood

Cathy
Old September 29th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

I got the Forerunner 205. I hated the original band....it kept slipping
around my arm. I bought the quick release kit which comes with a velcro
band with a clip-in bracket for the 205.

I really prefer the velcro band. Once I tighten it, the band stays put.
I have not used the mounting bracket that came with the kit. I prefer
having the Forerunner on my arm where I can refer to it while riding.

Another nice feature of the velcro band is that it separates your arm
from the back of the watch. Otherwise, if your arm gets sweaty, the
sweat can get into the watch via the speaker holes, like it did for this
guy :

http://ctorunner.googlepages.com/dismantleforerunner205

Once it locks, it really stays locked. I can track speed/location while
riding in a bus.

--tom

--
tomkarches
Old September 30th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

Just used both the velcro band and bike mount with my 305 on a triathlon
this weekend. Both work perfectly and the switch was done with out
wasting a second. Never liked the original band. Difficult to use with
KH Pulse gloves. Definitely worth the $30.

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Old October 1st 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Munivision;1105221 wrote:
Just used both the velcro band and bike mount with my 305 on a triathlon
this weekend. Both work perfectly and the switch was done with out
wasting a second. Never liked the original band. Difficult to use with
KH Pulse gloves. Definitely worth the $30.

Triathlon?!? You sick b@st@rd! How'd it go? What length? Did you
uni?

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old October 1st 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

steveyo;1105648 wrote:
Triathlon?!? You sick b@st@rd! How'd it go? What length? Did you
uni?

Olympic distance-1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run. No uni though I thought
about it. It was really a blast and beat my goal time by 26 minutes!
RTL training must have helped alot since I hadn't done any of those
activities in over 18 years!

Old January 14th 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

Sorry to revive a dead-ish thread, but ...

I just picked up a 305 and even with the so-called extended wristband
on it--the one that comes with the unit--there's no way it'll fit over
my wrist guards. Garmin sells a velcro wrist band that some people have
said is a lot longer than the regular ones. Anyone have experience with
this strap?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1335

If the one that comes in the bike-connect kit Munivision linked to
above is also long enough to wear with a wrist guard, I'd get it so I'd
have some flexibility and be able to bike mount it as well as wear it.

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg

FS-Garmin Forerunner 50 P. Chisholm Marketplace 0 July 27th 08 01:03 PM
FS-Garmin Forerunner 50 P, Chisholm Marketplace 0 July 15th 08 03:03 PM
GPS: Garmin Forerunner vs. Garmin Foretrex mgrant Unicycling 3 January 23rd 06 08:52 PM
Garmin Forerunner 301? KB Marketplace 0 August 20th 05 09:09 PM
Garmin Forerunner 301 yk Techniques 3 July 8th 05 11:26 AM