Big(ish) rolling hops

Old January 10th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
T.M.C.

Default Big(ish) rolling hops

My friends and I have been hopping up pallets lately and we got 3 down
solid. Tonight we went for 4. When I go for it I can get my wheel up,
but I'm leaning back so I always have to fall back. Not really sure why
i'm doing this, is it from like folding or not going fast enough or
what? Any advice on how to get my body going forward or just jumping
higher would be awesome

--
T.M.C.

Don’t get discouraged, practice is all it takes. Ride hard, but have
fun
-Shaun Johanneson
Old January 10th 09, 11:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tuvw111

What do you get when you cross and Chinese and a Mexican man?A car thief
who can't
drive!............................................ .................................................. ..............................................*'wa rhammer
gold' (http://www.warhammergold119.com/)* *'Warhammer Power leveling'
(http://www.warhammergold119.com/Warh...owerleveling)* *'warhammer
gold' (http://www.warhammergold119.com/Warhammer-Online-Gold)* *'wow
gold us' (http://www.warhammergold119.com/World-of-Warcraft-US)* *'wow
gold eu' (http://www.warhammergold119.com/World-of-Warcraft-EU)*

Old January 10th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hugo_Duguay

Try riding faster, I had this problem too when attempting this ledge :
YouTube - 103 cm Roll
Hop Attempts Now I ride even faster and when my wheel meets the
ledge, I am automatically sent forward, straightening my upper body...
or just bailing very hard if I'm not hopping high enough ! If you
don't understand, you can watch this
YouTube - 100cm
unicycle roll hop you can clearly see what I'm talking about.

Hope I could be helpful for something !

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

Best online unicycle store : 'Municycle.ca' (www.municycle.ca)
!

I dream of Luke Collalto !

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
Old January 10th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Also you might try angling your wheel just a little to one side when you
come up onto the object. Just a quick twist to the side; helps keep me
on top of the object.

--
forrestunifreak

Old January 12th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

I made a thread similar to this one a while ago. It has some pretty
good advice that you might find helpful.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74027

--
Matt_V

-Matt
My msn: - Add me if you wish
|'My Uni' (http://tinyurl.com/39mt6k)|
Old January 12th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

uh...
i got stuck at the same point... a lot of it is KNOWING that you can do
it... i usually have trouble hopping up new things that are about the
height i can jump ... especially if it looks funny or is more difficult
in some way.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
210cm Static Flat Gap
Old January 12th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

i always hop at a little bit of an angle so i don't eat it... you can
easily avoid doing faceplants and falling at all if you just turn a
little into it... so if your tire slips or does not make it ... you
catch your pedal

Old January 14th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
T.M.C.

I've just noticed that when I do big rolling hops up something I tend to
throw my arm back instead of forward with makes me fall back which is
probably why I had trouble jumping up 4 pallets, but I can't seem to
stop doing this. Is there any thing I can do to stop doing this?

Rolling hops tobbogonist Unicycling 4 January 24th 07 10:22 PM
rolling hops or balance hops trials-uni123 Unicycling 8 December 31st 06 03:49 PM
rolling hops-SIF hops. ilosttheotherwheel Unicycling 3 November 5th 06 09:04 PM
rolling hops-SIF hops. tomtrevor Unicycling 0 November 5th 06 03:57 AM
rolling hops francistorker Unicycling 12 March 19th 06 06:55 AM